Human Resources Assistant
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Chief Human Resources Officer the UN Volunteer Human Resources Assistant will:
• Assists with the recruitment process for all categories of personnel, including staff and non-staff
• Publish vacancy announcements on local websites pertaining to National staff and Consultant/IC recruitments.
• Administer tests and interviews, participate as HR ex-Officio in interview panels.
• Assists in the administration of contracts, benefits and entitlements of National Staff, UNVs, Consultants, Individual Contractors.
• Assists in the coordination and administration of recruitment and contracts of Service Contract holders with UNDP.
• Draft inter-office memoranda, faxes, To Whom It May Concern letters and other routine correspondence.
• Prepare weekly valise to New York.
• Process expense reports for staff and non-staff categories
• Maintain tracking databases (Expired UNLPs, e-Performances of staff members and arrival/installation of staff members’ dependents in Tunis).
• Liaise with Security Section pertaining to the issuance/extension of ID cards.
• Filing and scanning documentation.
• Perform other office duties as required.
A first-level university degree or equivalent in the field of Human Resources Management, Administration, or any related field is required.Required experience: 48 Months Experience remark:
At least four (4) years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in Human Resources Management, Administration or a related field is required; experience with using ERP systems is desirable; experience working in the UN or other international development organization is desirable;
• The incumbent must be a dynamic, multi-functional person, who supports the Chief Human Resources Officer and the duties of that office with professionalism, dedication and client orientation. The following qualifications are required.
• Tertiary education in a relevant field.
• Experience in UN field operations would be an asset, including good working knowledge of UN rules and regulations regarding recruitment policies and procedures.
• Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams, Accountability, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Self-ManagementApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of
your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly,
select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage
and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 12 April 2021