Asset Management Associate - IEC
- Administration of election events by the IEC.
- Credible electoral dispute resolution by the ECC.
- Capacity building for IEC and ECC.
- Public outreach (through IEC/ECC) to encourage engagement in the electoral process.
- Polling center specific voter list produced for upcoming election events; and
- IEC and ECC undertake relevant activities regarding electoral reform.
Duties and Responsibilities
Organizational Context of the Post
Under the overall guidance of the UNDP Country Office Operations Manager andthe direct supervision of the UNESP Project Operations Manager, Asset Management Associate to IEC will ensure effective execution of asset services and processes to the IEC and UNESP. The Asset Management Associate to IEC will promote a client, quality, and results-orientated approach.
The National Asset Management Associate to IEC will be responsible for the following but not restricted to key functions to achieve desired results:
IEC Assets Unit as per Government rules, regulations and policies and procedures
- Ensures that the IEC Secretariat Asset Unit becomes fully compliant in Asset Management activities to Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Assists IEC Assets Unit and warehouse staff to follow the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) of asset management.
IEC Asset Management and Assets Database
- Ensures the IEC Asset Unit adheres to asset management procedures in the IEC.
- Advises and supports the implementation of IEC asset lists to be incorporated into the IEC management database.
- Advises the IEC Asset Unit in the implementation and daily updating and recording of IEC assets in the database.
- Oversees the updating inventory and reconciliation with Master List extracted from database.
- Supports and works in close collaboration with all IEC department on collection of data for implementation of database entries, recording and registration.
- Assists the IEC staff to consolidate the HQ & provincial assets List including the location and custodians of the assets.
- Ensures they Perform Receive & Inspection procedures including the application of barcodes and the recording of serial numbers and register it in the database.
- Assists with the monitoring of the safety and security of the asset management office and warehouses in IEC.
- Assists the IEC once physical inventory is completed to receive signatures from IEC HQ and Provincial Electoral officers verifying the accuracy of the IEC assets list in HQ and each provincial office.
- Advises and assists the IEC to prepare report on any damaged materials found in the IEC HQ and provinces and submit to IEC Assets Manager.
- Over sees travel to provinces to conduct physical inventory of IEC Assets in all IEC provincial offices.
- Assistance to IEC Assets Unit on handing over and retrieve of assets from provincial offices.
- Assists IEC Assets Unit and warehouse staff members in the capacity development.
- Supports IEC Assets Unit on disposal of damage assets and materials in line with government policy.
- Supports IEC Assets Unit on updating their assets list and do the random physically verification of assets 2 times a year.
- Assists IEC Assets Unit on recording of filling for damage, lost, handover and retrieval assets.
- Advises the IEC Asset Unit in the correct management and maintaining of functional files and reference library.
- Assists IEC Assets Unit on recording all new and used assets in asset database and tagging all assets in HQ and provincial offices.
- Assists IEC Assets Unit to record all HQ and provincial staff list in asset database for issuing the items.
- Assists IEC Assets Unit Exercise continuous assessment and vulnerability of stocks management, introduce enough preventative measures to reduced risks, fraud, and ensure damage prevention.
- Assists IEC Assets Unit Receipt and record all procured goods and verification of all DGRs (Goods Delivery Receipt).
- Following up coordination and correspondence with IEC.
- Provide analysis to specific consultation meetings and gatherings.
Supports UNESP Operational Units in Support of IEC
- Provides asset management support and collaboration between the UNESP Project Operations Manager and IEC DCEO Administration and IECC Heads of Secretariat units on asset management.
- Provides administrative support and collaboration between the IEC and UNESP Project Operations Manager and UNESP Technical Advisors and IEC DCEO Administration and IEC Heads of Secretariat units on asset management issues.
- Assists and supports the UNESP Logistics Specialist, UNESP Technical Advisors and IEC Logistics Department on the delivery and planning of international election related materials from international shipping points to Afghanistan border control point and onto IEC HQ warehouse.
- Assists and supports the UNESP Logistics Specialist, UNESP Technical Advisors and IEC Logistics Department on the planning and distribution of election related materials from IEC HQ Warehouse to IEC Provincial offices and return when required.
Assists UNEST members in the capacity development of IEC Secretariat units to ensure the IEC becomes fully compliant with Afghanistan government public financial management systems and procedures.
- Assists the UNESP Capacity Development Specialist in the implementation of the identified CB activities for the IEC Logistics Department, including Logistics, Assets and Warehouse Units.
- Provides support to the UNESP Capacity Development Specialist in the conducting of any approved training programs develop the operation awareness and execution by IEC IEC Logistics Department, including Logistics, Assets and Warehouse Units.
- Provide any other assistance as requested.
Assist the UNESP Capacity Development Specialist, the IEC CEO, DCEO’s in capacity building planning to ensure that the IEC staff can contribute to and ‘own’ future personal and institutional capacity building to consequently develop the skills to sustain future operational support and planning initiatives.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education or Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration or other related fields would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- With high school certificate 6 years and with Bachelor’s degree 4 years of progressively experience at the national or international level in in Logistics and Asset or general administration is required.
- Experience in logistics, assets and warehouse management is required.
- Experience working in Afghanistan Government institution / Ministries in related fields as a mid-administrative level of management is an asset.
- Experience in working with international organizations and civil society organizations in elections or related field is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems is desirable.
- Proficiency in English language is a requirement. Fluency in Pashto and/or Dari
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.