IT Operations Associate SC6 - Istanbul
The United Nations World Food Programme in Turkey is looking for an IT Operations Associate SC6, based in Istanbul, Turkey.
If you have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in the IT sector, apply at the latest by 27 April 2021.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
The selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Turkish languages.(Written and Spoken)
Experience: Typically 6 years of relevant work experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant functional area and 3 years of relevant work experience
Residency Status: Candidates are required to be Turkish nationals or to have a valid residency permit of at least 6 months in Turkey.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The job holder reports to the Head of the Area Office in Istanbul and technically reporting to the Senior IT Operations Associate in Ankara.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
To coordinate and guide Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialised network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
2. Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
3. Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and accurate information is provided to staff.
4. Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
5. Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capability building of staff.
6. Support the co-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
7. Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
8. Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
9. Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
10. Coordinate a team of IT staff to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
11. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
12. Providing technical assistance to the UN sister agency in the shared premises.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Monitors and supervises maintenance and installation work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence and takes proper actions to correct inconsistencies and improve overall quality and customer satisfaction. Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Able to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of alternative technologies and vendor service level agreements to consolidate options and assess suitability.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience analysing service management results and development service enhancement recommendations.
• Has participated in business process re-engineering efforts and identified service management improvements.
• Has experience participating in country office procurement/budgeting process.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered starting from TRY 10,053.00 gross.
Annual Leave Entitlement: 1.83 days per month.
Medical Insurance: Private medical insurance plan for the employee and dependents (spouse, child or children)
Duration of the contract: 1 year (renewable)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline: No later than 27 April 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.