Social Media Coordinator for Hispanic Outreach
Baltimore (United States of America)
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to*save, protect, and transform* lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
Social Media – 100%
- Create daily social media content in Spanish, such as drafting posts for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; selecting photos; light editing of videos; creating memes and gifs; and coordinating the production of infographics and other graphic pieces in collaboration with the Creative team.
- Compile and organize information received from the Latin America region for social media content.
- Coordinate the translation from English to Spanish of institutional content and campaigns.
- Monitor accounts daily and manage comments; create weekly and monthly social media reports.
- Create a dashboard of weekly social media activity.
- Upload press releases on to on CRSespanol.org in Spanish, as needed.
- Creates Facebook fundraisers. Coordinates with Community Giving to implement a minimum of 3 Facebook fundraisers a year for key dates and/or emergencies.
Compiles and distributes weekly MarCom content update.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO 100% REMOTE WORK
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Strong research and analytical skills
Strong visual content and design skills
Ability to deal effectively with deadlines
Strong interpersonal skills; Team player
Self-motivated; proactive worker and takes initiative
Strong organizational skills
Good decision-making skills
Can prioritize tasks
Likes to work in fast-pace, demanding periods
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Marketing and Communications Department, US Operations, Charitable Giving, LACRO communications and program staff.
External: U.S.-based private donors, Institutional donors, Catholic and secular press outlets, Catholic news associations, journalists, numerous vendors
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- B.A. in English/journalism/communications
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- At least 1 year of work experience in social media/journalism/communications
- Solid understanding of social media; knowledge of media and newsroom operations preferred
Proficient in web-based media and social media tools, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop and Premiere Pro
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
Continuous Improvement & Innovation
Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. Disclaimer:? This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. *EOE/M/F/D/V -* CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.