Youth Program MSW Intern
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than 40 countries and over 20 U.S. cities, our dedicated teams provide clean water, shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people.
CONNECTION TO MISSION:
The Youth Program MSW Intern will work closely with the IRC Youth Program Specialist to support client students and their families as they re-enter school and work to achieve their social and academic goals.
TIME COMMITMENT: Dependent on MSW program requirements.
Please note this is an unpaid internship.
- Provide direct assistance through goal planning, education on resources, and advocacy for youth families in need of extra psycho/social support.
- Assist youth and their families in accessing therapeutic resources and educate community providers on culturally appropriate care.
- Contribute to the planning and coordination of various different activities, such as after-school tutoring, college prep workshops, and monthly outings or field trips around town.
- Administrative support (phone calls, filing, collected signed paperwork, etc.)
- Provide transportation for clients and their families to appointments.
- Assist with preschool and school enrollments. Duties include completing school enrollment paperwork, collecting documents, obtaining parental signatures, and delivering forms to schools.
- Assist with the youth mentoring program (MYVA).