Senior Research Associate - Ethiopia
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Laterite is looking for an accomplished researcher with a track record of experience in project and team management, to join our office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. Our clients include, for example, the World Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo, the Mastercard Foundation, and several UN agencies.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Research Associate based in Ethiopia you will:
- Lead a portfolio of impactful research projects, from design to data collection, analysis and follow-through.
- Lead research teams to ensure we deliver value for our clients, using rigorous and innovative research methods.
- Build successful partnerships with our clients and establish Laterite as a trusted partner for public sector organizations.
- Mentor our growing research and data teams.
- Contribute to country-level strategic decisions such as which projects to pursue, team development, and how to increase the impact of our research.
- Support business development and recruitment processes.
We are looking for an accomplished researcher who combines excellent technical skills with experience in project and team management.
Our future colleague has:
- A postgraduate degree (Masters or above) in Economics, International Development or related field with a strong component of quantitative data analysis
- Motivation to work in social and economic research in Sub-Saharan Africa
- 5+ years of research and project management experience focus on development topics
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring research teams
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex research projects, involving data collection and field teams
- Proficiency in STATA is a must-have. Knowledge of R and/or Python is a plus
For more information and details on how to apply, please check the full job description at: http://bit.ly/SRA-Laterite2021