Tender Invitation: Editorial & Design Services
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
To provide professional editing, design, and related communications services for GWP knowledge products and corporate communications. Translation services optional. GWP hosts Cap-Net UNDP who will also use these services.
1.1 About the Global Water Partnership
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is an international action network created in 1996 to foster the implementation of integrated water resources management. The GWP Network includes government institutions, non-governmental organisations, academic and research institutions, private companies, and public sector service providers.
A water secure world.
To advance governance and management of water resources for sustainable and equitable development.
We prioritise opportunities with key global or regional policy frameworks such as:
- Water solutions for the Sustainable Development Goals
- Climate resilience through water
- Transboundary water cooperation
Inclusiveness | Openness | Transparency | Accountability | Respect | Gender sensitivity | Solidarity
The GWP Organisation (GWPO) was established as an intergovernmental organisation in Sweden. It is managed by the Executive Secretary who is accountable to the Steering Committee (SC). The SC oversees policy and approves the work programme and budget. The SC and its Chair are appointed by the Sponsoring Partners, comprising the ten founding members of GWPO.
The GWPO Secretariat manages GWP’s finances and reports on funding received at the global level. It also helps with the exchange of knowledge and resources and ensures communication and coherence across the Network. The GWPO Secretariat is in Stockholm, Sweden. The Secretariat staff is currently 40 members recruited from all parts of the world. The staff is composed of administrative, operational, scientific, and technical positions.
More information can be found at www.gwp.org.
2.2 Content of Tender Offers
Bidders should offer services for the complete assignment as defined in the Specification of Requirements. Please note that each requirement in the specification is to be addressed separately, with clear reference to the requirements. For evaluation purposes, the tender offer should follow the same disposition as the Specification of Requirements. The offer will include:
1) Editorial Services (Developmental/substantial editing, copy-editing, proof-reading, other)
2) Design Services (Graphic design, typesetting)
3) Translation Services (OPTIONAL)
4) Typical Work Models and Deliverables.
Preparation of Tender Offers
The offer should also provide the following information:
- A brief description of the company. This description should include such items as: size; number of staff; numbers and types of clients; age of company; location of company headquarters; geographical network and scope of operations;
- A description of relevant experience of working on similar contracts as the one required by GWP. This should include the names and size of up to three such clients;
- Samples of previous editorial and graphic design assignments shall be provided (maximum two for each category and only in electronic format);
- Specify which languages the Contractor can work with;
- Specify how original material is archived and kept;
- Specify how data communication and file transfer is handled;
- Standard production time shall be specified in the matrix for submitting prices – see Annex A (below). The range of services listed as examples in the specification of requirements shall be used;
- Full name and contact details (including email addresses and telephone numbers) of up to three (3) clients as references.
- If a Contractor provides translation services (optional) and wants these services to be part of the framework agreement, they should complete the Translation Services section in Annex A.
- A Contractor not bidding for translation services will not be disadvantaged in being considered for the other services.
The financial proposal must be prepared using Annex A – the Price Matrix for submitting prices which forms part of the tender documents. The price for the different products detailed in the matrix for submitting prices should be quoted including VAT (percentage should be stated).
All costs must be included in the tender offer (Annex A). The costs are to be specified in EURO, in the manner set out in the specification. The frequency of service requests will depend on the work programme of GWP.
Closing Date for Submission of Tender
Final date for receipt of tenders is 31 May 2021, midnight CET. GWPO may extend the final date for submission of tenders for any reason including requests from bidders to do so.
Tender received after the final date of receipt of tenders will be disregarded.
Additional information, tender documents and updates are/wiil be available on our website.