Soft Skills Educator
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
In response to the arrival of refugees in Greece in 2015, the IRC has been offering SMS, WASH, Livelihoods and Protection services to children, women and people in need of mental health support. IRC Hellas currently has offices in Athens and on Lesvos, Chios and Samos.
Scope of Work:
- IRC Greece supports vulnerable refugee and host communities in Athens to access income generation through employment and self-employment. Working through employment and business development service providers the IRC supports access to job counseling, legal counseling, job referral, life skills, vocational training, on the job training and microenterprise – directly and in collaboration with partners.
- IRC Hellas in partnership with METAdrasi provide integration courses for refugees residing in Athens. The IRC is recruiting a Soft Skills Educator to be responsible for delivering a training module covering topics related to cultural orientation, life skills and job readiness to facilitate social and economic integration.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing the education program through the realization and planning of daily online or in-vivo lessons related to cultural orientation, life skills and job readiness;
- Ensuring that all non-formal education activities are of high quality, follow established curricula and address beneficiaries needs;
- Evaluating objectively and regularly the beneficiaries’ performance and learning progress;
- Proactively working to identify issues related to beneficiaries’ attendance and report them to the Soft Skills Training Officer and Integration Learning Centre coordinator and assistant if needed;
- Supporting Job Readiness trainings either through direct instruction or collaboration with implementing partners;
- Ensuring relevant project data (academic records, lessons plans etc), are accurately collected and updated on a weekly and monthly basis;
Program Coordination Responsibilities:
- Work with the Soft Skills Training Officer to ensure training curricula are up-to-date, meet training objectives and are being effectively and uniformly implemented
- Schedule outdoor learning activities;
Coordination and Administration:
- Coordinate closely with the Integration Centre Coordinators and Assistants to ensure effective process of the Soft Skills activities;
- Work closely with Integration Centre interpreters to deliver training to beneficiaries by briefing them on the topics of instruction and facilitation plan of the training modules;
- Participate in required orientation and training of trainer activities to ensure familiarization with the curriculum to be delivered;
- Participate in regular team meetings;
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Sr Livelihoods Manager, Soft Skills Training Officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Soft Skills Training Officer; RSC Facilitators; Head of Programs, Job Counselors, Microenterprise Counselor, Sr Livelihoods Officer, HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Grants Department
External: RSC Team Leader; Project Manager; Integration learning Centre Coordinator; Integration Learning Centre Assistants; Greek Language Educators; Interpeters/Intercultural Mediators, program partner organizations.
This position will be based remotely or out of METAdrasi’s and IRC Offices in Athens, Greece and may require occasional travel to other locations.
Working hours on shifts from 14:00 – 20:00 and/or 11:00 to 17:00