Project Management and Technical Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Project management with technical assistance Support effective and timely implementation of the Ghana Shea Landscape Emission Reductions Project (and other projects as needed).
- Provide project management and technical support to the implementation of the Ghana Shea Landscape Emission Reductions Project and other projects assigned to him/her.
- Support the development of project work-plans that include all project activities and roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders and setting-out corresponding milestones.
- Monitor project activities and progress and support partners in ensuring that the agreed deliverables are produced satisfactorily according to plans. In doing so, effectively apply Result Based Management (RBM) tools.
- Provide technical and management support to partners to produce high-quality progress reports in line with UNDP and donor requirements.
- Support the management and monitoring of project risks, including social and environmental risks.
- Support completion of assessments required by UNDP, spot checks and audits.
- Support management of requests for the provision of UNDP financial resources.
- Support the capturing of lessons learned during project implementation.
- Support any review and evaluation processes for the project. Support procurement of goods and services (e.g. consultants).
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years of project management experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in the area of forest management and/or environmental management.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising and co-operating with government officials,
- municipal authorities, academic institutions, NGOs and the private sector.
- Experience preparing knowledge products and communications material is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.