Project Finance Specialist (UNFPA)
Under the supervision and guidance of the Project Manager and CO Admin/Finance Associate assists in planning, management and monitoring of project finance performance, delivers quality financial and administrative services to internal and external stakeholders mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume responsibility for meeting the financial delivery targets set out in the agreed Work Plans ensuring UNFPA rules and procedures application;
- Assist in preparing and managing project budgets, monitor and analyse projects accounts/transactions in accordance with the projects budgets, logical frameworks and Work Plans;
- Provide assistance in monitoring of project financial performance for core and non-core resources. Perform remedial actions as advised by the Project Manager and CO Admin/Finance Associate;
- Prepare proposals and manage project budget revisions;
- Establish and maintain organized filling system for all financial records;
- Verify the requests for advance of funds and itemized cost estimates from the Implementing Partners for their compliance with the approved Work Plan and budget;
- Verify FACE forms submitted by the Implementing Partners for their accuracy and compliance with the approved Work Plan and budget; negotiate all necessary corrective steps with the Implementing Partners;
- Prepare quarter NEX reconciliation reports;
- Report projects funds utilization using different reporting modality as requested by donors and UNPFA procedures, keeps related records for audit requirements;
- Ensure proper administration and utilization of projects resources in accordance with national execution procedures;
- Prepare and submit payment documents to UNFPA CO;
- Manage project recruitment and selection process applying best practice HR tools and mechanisms;
- Provide support in financial aspects of organizing international and national experts missions;
- Maintain up-to-date project inventory
- Carry other duties as required by the Project Manager
The Finance Specialist maintains collaborative relationships with all programme and project staff at the CO. Internal contacts include Administrative Specialist, Project Manager, CO Admin/Finance Associate, Communication Officer and Head of the Office.
- Strong facilitation and problem-solving skills;
- Clear and careful oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate with staff and constituencies from multiple organizations, and to provide support in a collaborative, consultative, and positive manner;
- Self-starter, with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and orientation towards results;
- Ability to perform well under pressure, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to build consensus and to work through others in achieving desired results and objectives;
- Consistent ability to set and deliver against a work plan in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree preferably in Finance, Economics, Management or other related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in providing financial support services;
- Experience in projects funded by international donors is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of UN financial rules and regulations is an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office, Excel, e-mail, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Good command of English, Russian and/or Belarusian.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.