National Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO mandate in Georgia is to support national efforts to promote food security and sustainable development of agricultural sector. FAO priorities in Georgia reflect the objectives and priorities of the Government set in the strategy papers related to agricultural development. In essence FAO assists the Government in creating and implementing an institutional, legal and regulatory environment. At the same time, FAO supports individuals working in agriculture – farmers, cooperatives, companies etc. by providing technical and financial assistance.
The National Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant shall operate under the overall responsibility of FAO Representative in Georgia, direct supervision of the National Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and in close collaboration other national and international colleagues of the projects in Georgia.
The M&E Assistant will support the M&E officer at developing an M&E system for the projects and will assist in reviewing M&E needs, support in establishing necessary practical procedures and measures in order to operationalize M&E.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the M&E officer and the Policy Advisor in Monitoring and Evaluation of the Rural Development Agency’s Programmes (Perform interviews, support in desk research, test questionnaires, etc.)
- Support the preparation of a plan of surveys and assessments to be able to measure project impact.
- Lead the deployment of monitoring software (ZOHO, COBO) for data collection of the different projects
- Support the M&E officer in implementation of the new monitoring system.
- Support the preparation process of a full repository for all projects that ensures that all project information is correctly collected, stored and analyzed.
- Support the preparation of a Monitoring and Evaluation plan for field visits (including a monitoring timeline) to monitor and evaluate impact of the project activities directly with the final beneficiaries (trained farmers, beneficiaries of matching grants, etc.) conduct and coordinate monitoring visits.
- Support the coordination of the data collection for indicators of different partners under the ENPARD Programme.
- In close collaboration with project team, support in monitoring the successful and timely implementation of project activities and progress towards achieving project outputs.
- Perform other related duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- High education in economics, statistics, or related field
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- Capacity to analyse information and work on policy papers
- Proficiency in English and Georgian
- National of Georgia
- Working knowledge of English language and Georgian. Russian would be an asset.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/