Diversity Equality and Inclusion Advisor Consultancy
Background of the project:
IRC has been working the last few months on a global strategy that addresses the issues of diversity, equality, inclusion and safeguarding. As part of this effort and recognizing the need for a conversation contextualized to the Latin American region, we seek to reinforce the understanding and management of these issues with activities specific to our needs.
We have identified the need to build knowledge through regional training, addressing personal and shared experiences, dialogue, and recognizing ideas and discourses that raise and promote diversity, equality, inclusion, safeguarding and gender.
Scope of Work:
IRC is seeking a consultant to develop the design and content of a virtual and regional learning program and training that takes up and incorporates diversity, equality and inclusion (DEI) issues including safeguarding, gender, power, discrimination, respect at work and combating unconscious bias, prioritizing interactive and experiential dynamics, taking into account the constraints of remote work, time and accessibility.
Given the demanding workloads, a dynamic training is expected that could be conducted asynchronously or synchronously and therefore part of the objective will be to create an engaging learning program that generates interaction, participation and understanding of the practical utility that this knowledge will have in staff’s day-to-day work.
- IRC’s Latin America employees will have a greater and better command of topics related to DEI, gender and safeguarding. At the same time, interest and motivation will be generated in applying these topics in their daily work.
- IRC’s Latin America employees will have tools that allow them to approach clients, partners and colleagues with humility, respect, and openness.
- IRC’s Latin America employees will feel more comfortable and confident talking about the issues raised, including issues of discrimination, oppression, and privilege.
- Learning Program Curriculum that incorporates all the aspects of the expected results
- Script for online training that addresses all topics in the curriculum and is accessible to all employees in the region.
- Training design (logistical and methodological proposal). Expectation is that the proposal is creative and follows a logical order of the topics.
- Booklets or other educational learning materials as an informative/consultation resource.