Youth Success Specialist
Silver Spring (United States of America)
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Youth Success Specialist works with newly arrived refugee and asylee youth to support their academic success and social integration. The Youth Success Specialist supports the implementation of the Refugee Youth Mentorship project (RYMP), providing individual case management services to youth currently participating in after school and Saturday programming. The position works closely with students, their families, and their teachers and counselors to set goals and develop individual action plans.
- Work one-on-one with high school youth to develop individual learning plans. Conduct regular check-ins with students during after school and Saturday programming or through home visits to monitor their progress
- Maintain up-to-date case notes and services plans; ensuring students case files are in compliance with grant requirements
- Accompany students to meetings with counselors and teachers; advocating on their behalf as needed
- Lead community outreach to identify opportunities and external services to assist students in making progress towards their goals
- Assist in enforcing program expectations and follow program routines to create safe and productive learning environments.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify individual or group mentorship opportunities for high school youth.
- Update training materials and resources, such as suggested activities, for mentors.
- Organize group activities with mentors and mentee clients.
- Supervise interns or other volunteers with the Refugee Youth Mentorship Program.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.