Sierra Leone (Sierra Leone)
Present in Sierra Leone since 1999, IRC supports the Sierra Leonean institutions – government, civil society, community-based organizations and private sector – to provide improved social services, decrease youth unemployment and mitigate gender based violence.IRC do this through programs and partnerships designed to improve the life of women, youth and children by implementing Health, Education, Youth and Gender Based Violence programming.IRC operates projects in Freetown, Bo, Kenema, Kono, Kambia and Moyamba, and has a Country Program office in Freetown, a Regional Field Office in Kenema; Field Offices in Kono, Bo and Kailahun.
Reporting to the Field Coordinator in Kenema, the Field Manager is personally responsible for the coordination of programs and operations at the Kono Field Office.
- Manage the operational components of the Kono office including the Operations, Admin/HR and Finance.
- Act as the Security Focal Person (SFP) for the Kono office.
- Represent IRC at relevant meetings of government, ministries and stakeholders
- Support the implementation of programs.
- Chair the program and operational meetings in Kono and submit minutes to the Field Coordinator.
- Facilitate visits from programs and operations staff as well as donors and other partners.
- Communicate operational issues to the Field Coordinator, Program Managers and Program Coordinators in a timely way.
- Promptly report any observations or findings that will affect program implementation to senior management for follow up and guidance
- Provide input to the Field Coordinator for the completion of the monthly field report
- Enforce the strict observance and consistent application of the current IRC Sierra Leone procurement policies and procedures.
- Establish guidelines to ensure that procurement documentation processes and delivery of purchased goods and services to IRC stores are expedited.
- Oversee activities of the IRC Kono stores to ensure that efficient systems and procedures are maintained.
- Conduct regular spot checks and report to the Field Coordinator on the general stock status, and as to whether the IRC delivery, storing and tracking system is adhered to by the Operations Officer responsible for the stores.
- Conduct periodic stock valuation exercises and report to the Field Coordinator.
- Help maintain an efficient fleet management system to facilitate effective IRC Sierra Leone programs implementation.
- Review Supply Chain report to ensure that is comprehensive and submitted within the given timeframe (see Tasks matrix)
- Oversee the daily activities of the Operations Officer responsible for Transport and provide technical support during operations.
- Set up guidelines and enforce IRC’s regulations concerning vehicle usage at all times.
- Verify daily check-sheets and logbooks on a regular basis.
- Review and submit to the Supply Chain Coordinator in Freetown the monthly expenditure reports on fuel usage, maintenance and repairs prepared by the operations officer using the standard formats and charts used by IRC.
- Ensure proper tracking of all IRC assets movement, including continuous maintenance and update of program assets listing as required by Supply Chain in Freetown.
- Ensure an inventory of assets is conducted at least every three months and present the report to the Supply Chain department in Freetown.
- Contribute to the asset disposal system as per the IRC policy and procedures with support from the Supply Chain Manager in Freetown and the Deputy Director of Operations.
·Ensure that the services for the compounds are constantly provided and quality is guaranteed. This includes water supply, generator installation and maintenance, technically-recommended operation, back-up and monitoring of fuel consumption.
- Act as the security focal point for the Kono Field office
- Manage the Kono Field Office security issues and forward all relevant information and incident reports as well as giving feedback to the Field Coordinator and Deputy Director of Operations for all security follow-ups.
- Provide guidance and oversight with regards to security procedures.
- Liaise with other NGO’s and the UN agencies in Kono regarding security information and matters at the field office.
- Provide security orientation to new staff and ongoing security related trainings to continuing staff
- To follow any new procedures and security guidelines stipulated in circulars from the Country Director, DDO or the Field coordinator.
- Closely monitor the SSGI guards and report issues of concern to their supervisor or to the Field Coordinator.
- Complete and submit the daily and monthly security reports and submit to the Field Coordinator
·Ensure that the day to day financial management of the field office is in accordance with IRC policies and procedures, donor rules and regulations and statutory laws.
·Monitor the financial management of the field office in a supportive and professional manner ensuring that IRC funds and documentations are used in accordance with IRC policies.
·Carry out necessary spot checks on financial issues and records in the office.
·Ensure the timely submission of financial reports and original documents to Freetown.
·Supervise all protocols on the handling of the safe, petty cash, cheque books, cash etc are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support to staff that you directly supervise including the Operations Officer and the Finance Officer.
- Make recommendations to the Field Coordinator and DDO on contract extensions, promotions, staff development and review of job descriptions of staff you supervise.
- Set clear performance objectives for staff you supervise and ensure that they are understood.
- Conduct regular performance reviews and hold one-on-one feedback discussions with staff that you supervise on a regular basis to ensure that performance objectives are being met.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for staff that you directly supervise and manage poor performance and disciplinary issues in accordance with IRC HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure that staff annual leave is tracked and planned in advance and that there is sustainable coverage and backup for all staff going on leave.
- Review and approve/endorse timesheets of your staff on a monthly basis and travel and leave requests when the requests are made.
- Ensure that all IRC Kono staff complies with the rules and regulations of IRC as set out in the national staff personnel policy in force.
- Provide the link between program managers and operational staff; the Kono Field Office, the Field coordinator and Freetown.
- Ensure program staff plan and submit PRs, Action-plans and other necessary documentations in good time.
- Ensure that procurement plans are developed and updated for all open grants in your location by closely working with the Procurement Officer and Program Coordinators to make sure procurement is carried out in a timely manner thereby avoiding the consequences of late procurement, especially at the end of grant.
- Actively seek inputs from program personnel on how systems and support functions can be improved with program results in mind.
- Be actively involved in the Site Programme Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Communicate issues to both program managers and program coordinators
- Monitor the work-plans of each program and raise over-laps or operational constraints
- Carry out field monitoring visits to support program implementation
- Help with and encourage program planning