Human Resources Associate (Shared Services Centre)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
Staff in the General Service category are recruited locally from the Primary Location area, which is where the office is located
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensure the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improve the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities.
The Human Resources Associate (Shared Services Centre) undertakes high level and specialized human resources support activities. He /she coordinates the human resources support work of the unit and ensures quality, transparency and consistency of functions and processes. The job role requires in-depth knowledge and interpretation of human resources policies, procedures and practices. The incumbent provides procedural guidance to managers and staff in and outside the work unit.
The Human Resources Associate (Shared Services Centre) reports to a senior staff.
Work is performed autonomously, showing a high degree of initiative, judgment, and liability. Supervision received is focused on facilitating service delivery and on meeting client requirements. The incumbent effectively organizes and supervises other human resources support staff and provides relevant guidance and training.
The Human Resources Associate (Shared Services Centre) maintains a wide range of contacts with managers and staff within and outside the organization. He/ she works closely with colleagues at a senior level in the human resources team in the handling of specialized processes and the provision of experienced human resources support.
- Provide and coordinate the delivery of comprehensive human resources support services; ensure compliance with relevant policies and regulations as well as transparency and consistency of transactions and procedures;
- Coordinate a wide range of personnel actions including appointments, extensions, transfers, etc.; process requests and provide advice on entitlements; review, maintain and update confidential personnel information records and files in the area of responsibility;
- Provide briefing and debriefing to staff members including answering queries on benefits and entitlements and personnel-related procedures;
- Handle non-routine and complex cases; undertake research and analysis of entitlements and employment conditions and draft correspondence for Human Resources Officers;
- Analyse requests and distribute work to more junior colleagues;
- Research, compile and analyze information and statistics related to onboarding or entitlement activities; prepare briefs, reports or topical papers on trends;
- Assist in drafting of human resources policy papers and in the development and delivery of a range of staff development and training programmes;
- Draft procedures or amend existing procedures to match HR policies and ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are up to date and in line with HR policies;
- Takes an active lead role in corporate ERP software (i.e Taleo) testing to coordinate the testing by HR teams and document issues;
- Supervise, train and provide guidance to other human resources support staff in the work unit;
- Recommend improvements to human resources systems and processes;
- Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent's work affects the efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy and timeliness of the human resources services provided by the work unit. He/she plays a lead role in the coordination and provision of the human resources support services for the successful achievement of the Centre's mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education
Experience: Five years of relevant experience in administrative and human resources support work
Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English
IT Skills: Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Thorough knowledge of corporate computerized administrative systems such as Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of communication and documentation standards
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of the essential elements of human resources activities and transactions, including FAO's corporate policies, rules and procedures
- Experience in a global service centre
- Limited knowledge (Level B) of other FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview.
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency