Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Finance specialist for the regional office based in Tunis.
About the job
Under the direct management of the Regional finance manager, the Finance Specialist will provide finance support to the regional office of North Africa, as well as the country offices within the region.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Finance / Accounting:
- Oversee and manage daily accounting and finance functions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, receivables, payables.
- Bank account reconciliation on a monthly basis and sharing them within the given time frame with HQ.
- Provide technical support, including training and mentoring, for the country finance colleagues on financial accounting and financial management systems and procedures.
- Audit preparation and focal point (external and internal).
- preparation and submission of complete, accurate, reliable and timely financial reports that will feed into donor reporting.
- Prepare accurate monthly expenditure reports for management including analysis of burn rates, and explanations for significant under and over-spends (BFU) and participate / lead the budget meeting.
- Update monthly Resource Scheduling and clear Deviation reports.
- Ensure timely Timesheets Generated and posted
- Ensures timely month end reconciliation.
- Ad-hoc rebooking as needed.
- Finance reference for the country offices questions about Dynamics.
- Verify periodic Reports and Spot checks for the partners.
- Post Journal for the partners reports.
- Assets register and follow up for the projects.
- Rebooking Expenses.
- Documents keeping.
- Advise regional finance manager and budget holder on partners ineligible expenses (if any)
- Audit preparation.
In addition to any other related tasks as needed.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have following:
- Academic cerificate that fits the position requirments.
- 3 years proven experience in managing large and complex budgets.
- Experience working experience with ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex system issues
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Excellent inter-personal, communication skill
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to manage large and varied workloads and deal constructively with stressful situations.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 months
Band: G- non management
Start date: 01 June 2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s salary scale for national staff in Tunisia.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 16 May 2021.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.