HR & Administration Assistant
About the job
DRC’s North Africa Regional Office offers support and advice to four country operations in North Africa. The role of the HR & Admin Assistant is to provide managers and employees in the Regional Office with professional, efficient and high-quality administrative support to ensure compliance and smooth running of operations. The Regional Office employs 30 people, of which 5 work in the HR Team.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Filing of employee records as per legal and internal requirements
- Develop and manage relevant HR & Admin trackers - including leave, recruitment, learning and staff location
- Support with administrative tasks related to recruitments, including posting of vacancies and coordination with candidates
- Support with practical tasks related to staff onboarding and offboarding, including coordination with the Supply Chain unit
- Support with basic tasks related to payroll, social security and insurance
- Responsible for ensuring that employees have valid ID cards at all times
- Perform administrative task related to document management; including printing, coordinating signatures, scanning, and archiving
- Book hotels and flights for DRC staff
- Coordinate practicalities related to events, meetings and trainings
- Monitor the stock level of office supplies and stationery and prepare replenishment orders
- Follow up and support with residency and work permits and other liaison tasks, including depositing documents at the Municipalité, buying stamps, etc.
- Handle DRC Guesthouse management including occupation planner, supplies, and maintenance
To be successful in this role we expect you to be quality-focused, organized and able to use technology in a smart way to facilitate your work. You take pride in offering top-notch service to colleagues and external stakeholders, and you love working in an international, dynamic and fast-changing environment.
Moreover, we expect the following:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in a similar job
- Diploma in Business Administration or related area
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office
- Basic IT skills related to tracking sheets, digital requests, document management, approvals, etc.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Advanced working knowledge of French
- Working experience from global organizations, ideally NGOs
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 months
Start date: June 2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact the Regional HR Manager Marcos Martinez on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 16 May 2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.