At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all stewards of our reputation and our resources. Are you passionate about developing creative content for social impact while building your career in a growing global non-profit organization? If so, you may be the next Content Manager at Last Mile Health.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Content Manager will be responsible for collecting and crafting written and visual content that drives the organization’s mission, elevates our brand to key audiences, and supports our fundraising goals. Key deliverables for this role include implementing a content collection system and crafting compelling written content for major external deliverables (including the Impact Narrative, Quarterly Reports, website, blogs, and social media).
What You'll Do
- Launch and manage a content collection system that spans LMH’s 5 country programs.
- Lead on content collection on the Liberia country program, which will include but is not limited to program narratives, stories, photos, videos, etc.
- Coordinate inputs to the content collection system from other LMH country programs
- Travel to the field once per quarter for content collection.
- Project manage (4) Quarterly Reports per year, including managing the timeline, drafting an outline, writing content, coordinating reviews, and finalizing copy.
- Oversee quarterly updates to the website copy.
- Contribute content for additional materials, including but not limited to organizational overviews, success stories, annual appeal materials, social media, etc.
- Oversee the blog calendar, and contribute at least 1 blog per quarter.
- Manage the blog guidelines and support staff to publish original content for the website.
- Coordinate Communication visits to Liberia, including but not limited to: photographers or videographers on assignment, Communication partners visiting the field, etc.
- Represent the Communications team in relevant Liberia-team meetings and convenings.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Several years of experience in a communications role, ideally in the social sector
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to develop creative, clear, and powerful written communications for the social sector
- Strong storytelling abilities and ability to frame narratives for a wide range of audiences
You'll Impress Us If
- You have experience collecting content in low-resource settings
- You have experience with photography
As LMH strives to increase transparency into our compensation principles we are highlighting below more details around the salary range and benefits associated with this position. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
You can read about our competitivebenefits offerings here.
Principles guiding our compensation policy:
- Data-Driven: We benchmark salaries against large datasets containing compensation data from organizations with whom we compete for talent. We benchmark salaries for specific roles and specific candidate experience.
- Competitive: Candidates should be paid the most competitive salaries possible for their position given budgetary constraints. We aim to pay above market, typically between the 50th-60th percentile of the market.
- Transparent: Compensation policies should be transparent and easily understood. We want all candidates to understand how we set salaries and to know we aim to pay competitively.
- Equitable: Compensation should be implemented consistently across candidates of different identities, teams and geographies while keeping into account the different talent markets and economies we operate in.
- Responsible: LMH needs to operate in a sustainable way and practice good stewardship of our resources.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.