All US Internship Opportunities - general
New York City (United States of America)
Not sure for which internship to apply? We are seeking qualified candidates for our upcoming internship opportunities. Specific opportunities will be listed as individual jobs and on an ongoing basis - you can apply directly to those. However, you can also apply here to be considered for a variety of roles. We want to want to gather applications for those who are flexible and who generally would like to be considered.
IRC offers a professional learning experience to those interns interested in the humanitarian or non-profit sector. Our internships are unpaid. However, these are great opportunities to make a meaningful impact through work and start a career in nonprofit. If you would like to be included in our general intern application pool, please apply to this posting.
Some of our most common internship opportunities are in the following departments/functions:
- Emergency team
- Executive offices – CEO, COO, CFO
- Gender & diversity
- Human Resources
- Purchasing & global supply chain
- Resettlement programs
- Violence Prevention & Response
- Applicant should have, at a minimum, two years of undergraduate level education completed and has pursued or is pursing additional levels
- Internships are unpaid but are eligible for daily travel and meal subsidy
- Experiences can qualify for school credit - it is dependent on the university and degree program
- Internships are generally 8-12 weeks in duration and can be full time or part time
- Interns are based in the U.S.
If interested, please submit you application to be added to our candidate pool.