National legal consultant for Armenia
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU) is responsible for leading FAO's response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO's priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO's strategic response to regional priorities. REU also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization's Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
Under the technical supervision of the Chief Development Law Service (LEGN), the operational supervision of the FAO Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia, and in close coordination with the Lead Technical Officer in REU, and other members of the project team, the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
Tasks and responsibilities
- Review and update as necessary the national legal report, taking into consideration the recent institutional changes
- Formulate recommendations for legal reform
- Present the report to the national stakeholders and collect their feedback.
- Support short translations and undertake other legal tasks related to AMR-legislation as necessary
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in law;
- Lawyer by background with 3 experience on agriculture, environmental, trade or food legislation;
- Good level of English and Russian;
- National of Armenia or resident in the country with a regular work permit, and trained in the Armenian legal system.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of legal drafting and approval processes;
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.