Director, Donor Advised Funds (DAF)
New York City (United States of America)
The External Relations (ER) department is comprised of four complementary functions: Private fundraising, Mobilization & Marketing, Policy & Advocacy and Operations & Analytics. To enable IRC to deliver our Strategy100 commitments, the ER department has established a bold new approach that will improve our ability to raise diverse and flexible funding, while raising our profile and influence. The ER team is international, with colleagues in more than 10 offices globally.
The International Philanthropy & Partnerships (IPP) team falls under ER and is comprised of global colleagues, delivering account management, philanthropy, board liaison, corporate as well as trust and foundation partnerships to support IRC’s national fundraising strategies.
The Director, Donor Advised Funds (DAF) will establish relationships of mutual value in the private wealth management space i.e. with DAFs, private client advisors, private banking, family offices, professional philanthropy advisors, as well as ultra HNWIs, and will be responsible for generating >$3 million in unrestricted funds from those relationships. The ideal candidate comes from the banking industry or has worked very closely as a philanthropy or DAF advisor or manager of family offices. We want you to partner with financial advisors as they guide their clients on their donor journey, and at the same time acting as a DAF subject matter expert internally. The Director will report to the Senior Director New Business.
• Build healthy rapport and form relationships with professional advisors in the private wealth management space;
• Use those relationships to form strategic alliances and generate revenue (approximately $3 million in unrestricted funds) from DAFs for IRC;
• Establish and lead the overarching structure and strategy for DAFs for IRC;
• Become go-to person for all things DAF-related internally and use external networks to also generate opportunities for other teams within IRC;
• Use networks to influence on behalf of IRC.