Business Support Assistant SC3-Bounneua, Phongsaly
Lao PDR (Lao )
The United Nations World Food Programme is the winner of the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change. In Lao PDR, WFP supports the government in providing school lunches for primary students, counters malnutrition with targeted food support to the most vulnerable, and helps communities build resilient lives with sustainable livelihood options.
This job is found in Lao Country Office. Job holder typically provides administrative support to team(s) and/or support a specific business stream, and report to the relevant Associate. At this level, work is carried out under close supervision or immediately available assistance. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work.
WFP is looking for a Business Support Assistant SC3 (Lao national only) based in the Field Office (Bounneua district, Phongsaly Province) to deliver a range routine business support tasks, and to ensure that staff is effectivey supported.
The main task is to support Finance and admin focal point person to complete management of day-to-day tasks in the office to make sure programme and other staff are fully supported.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, report and ensure other materials to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Proofread written documents, such as standard reports and correspondence, to contribute to the accuracy of written information developed by staff;
- Provide a set of business support activities in the fields where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
- Make travel arrangements and support events, etc., to support staff to work effectively;
- Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff;
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available for the business team;
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Secretary, Social Services or any other related field.
- At least three years relevant working experience in Business Administration, Accountant or equivalent is preferable;
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Knowledge of standardised business support work routines and methods.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
- Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
- Good English communication.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract type: Service Contract (for Lao national only)
Position title: Business Support Assistant SC3
Number of post: 1 post
Duty Station: Bounneua District, Phongsaly Province
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Posting date: 27 April 2021
Closing date: 20 May 2021