Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the National Project Director, the selected UN Volunteer will provide necessary supports and actions to ensure effective and efficient management of the project through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of project activities:
The National UN Volunteer will:
- Pro-actively contribute to overall planning and implementation of the project and support the design and formulation of project activities and budgets.
- Plan and implement various project activities and research topics according to the project planning to ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans
- Provide supports for the prompt and effective implementation of the programme activities, including various online and offline meetings and activities.
- Conceptualise and prepare communication materials to build the project brand and influence.
- Maintain good interaction with relevant project partners, expand the network of cooperation resources, and put forward new suggestions based on project strategies.
- Draft relevant project documents, including work plans and progress reports, project meeting materials, project data collection, various correspondence, etc; and monitor and report on the project implementation and budget use on a regular basis.
- Collect project-related information and materials on a regular basis to provide a basis for strategic decision-making
- Maintain good communication and collaboration with supervising government agencies, domestic and international partners, suppliers and other institutions to ensure the smooth implementation of various planned activities
- Organize regular project meetings, such as visits to partnering institutions, project partnership building activities, project board meetings, etc.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as deeded necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. Economics, Social Sciences, Law, International Relations, Political Sciences or other related fields
- Fluency in other Asian language(s) is an advantage
- Knowledge in internationalization of NGOs, government departments and relevant social organizations, and have experience of leading or participating in international organization projects;
- Strong analytical, assessment and mapping capabilities
- Experience writing outcome documents, actions plans and road maps
- Strong analytical aptitude, communication and presentation skills
- Computer skills: Full command of Microsoft applications (word, excel, PowerPoint) and common internet applications
- Positive, constructive attitude and approaches work with energy
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
FOR National UN Volunteer assignments ONLY
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of (enter the Programme Country) and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 11-05-2021