Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority Clinical and technical supervision to be provided by Staff Welfare personnel nominated by the Staff Welfare Officer, Administrative supervision to be provided, when possible, at the Regional Level.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with counterparts and senior personnel in the respective Regions;
- Provide tele-counselling services in allocated global locations and languages;
- Offer and participate in the preparation of education material and seminars;
- Provide management consultation as needed;
- Refer on to Staff Welfare for complex mental health issues;
- Participate in supervision and team meetings;
- Be proactive in reaching out to missions/specific groups of staff;
- Maintain confidential records and submit monthly statistics as agreed and end of assignment report;
- Maintain confidentiality and professional practice standards;
- Any other duties as required.
- Masters or equivalent in clinical psychology, counselling, social work or psychiatry.
- 5 to 7 years of working experience and expertise in counselling, with experience in/counselling deep field or in the multilateral sector an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required; and
- Fluency in Spanish, French, English, Portuguese, Russian and Arabic is an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 11/05/2021