Boston (United States of America)
At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputation and our resources. Do you have experience partnering with programmatic teams to align finance, grant management, and programmatic goals? If so, you may be the perfect fit for our Grant Accountant position.
Reporting to the Senior Grant Accountant, the Grant Accountant will lead activities associated with grant record keeping, expense allocation, monitoring, and reporting. This position will work closely with Last Mile Health’s Grant Management team to track progress toward award spend down while ensuring budget integrity. Additionally, the Grant Accountant will be involved in the development of new financial grant management processes and structures to meet the needs of the growing organization and its partners.
The ideal candidate for this position will have previously worked in a nonprofit finance role leading key functions tied to grant management and preparation for A-133 audits.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the development team on grant proposals, including developing project budgets in line with current funding deficit
- Support in the post-award grant management process by ensuring compliance to donor regulations and adherence to Uniform Guidance
- Assign personnel and other direct costs distribution
- Fulfill external reporting requirements including budget to actual reporting, monitoring grant balances, and providing feedback to program staff
- Assist in creating and implementing new processes into NetSuite accounting system and documenting new grant management processes to adapt to growing organization
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or relevant work experience
- 3 or more years of grant management experience including A-133 audit support
- Proficient in using NetSuite and Microsoft Office/G-suite
- Experience with Salesforce
- Ability to work cross-collaboratively with programmatic and development teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly when it comes to communicating financial data
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and currently works in Liberia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Uganda, and Sierra Leone with US offices in Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.