Project Support Officer
Santo Domingo (
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the UNODC GMCP LAC coordinator or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Project Support will:
- Assist the UNODC GMCP LAC coordinator in the development, implementation and evaluation of the programme activities under the Global Maritime Crime Programme, particularly those related to maritime crime in the Caribbean and where needed also support activities in Central and South America.
- Assist the UNODC GMCP LAC coordinator in identifying technical assistance needs for capacity building and develop sustainable strategies to reform and strengthen the capacity of maritime law enforcement and other criminal justice authorities in the region.
- Assist the supervisor and other team members in project/programme and/or budget revisions, the preparation and dissemination of costed work plans, terms of references and other related project documentation on maritime crime.
- Contribute with substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, participation in evaluations or research activities and studies.
- Related to the above task, support monitoring and evaluation activities by developing, participating and supporting evaluation of MLE activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, briefing notes, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc, relating to maritime crime issues in the region.
- Provide administrative and substantive support to the regional programme coordinator in view of consultative and other meetings, workshops, conferences, etc., including proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposing participants, preparing background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.
- Assist the coordinator and relevant team members with input to administrative actions related to the procurement of equipment and services including drafting of TOR for procurements, contracts for consultants, including by providing monitoring and follow-up on such requests.
- Support field missions to locations in the region where GMCP carries out programme activities, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection, etc.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in the area of project support and implementation, capacity-building and international cooperation in criminal justice, maritime crime or related area; experience working in the UN or other international development organization is an asset;Language skills:
- Spanish(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in the area of project support and implementation, capacity-building and international cooperation in criminal justice, maritime crime or related area; experience working in the UN or other international development organization is an asset;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills in English and in Spanish;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 over rough terrain; (if not applicable, delete)
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in maritime crime, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 09 May 2021 at 23:59 hrs, Germany time