Aviation Administrative Assistant
Juba (South Sudan)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Chief Aviation Officer(CAVO), the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks;
General administration of the Front office of the CAVO
- Responsible for the administration of the Aviation section with 158 Staff all categories included (IS, NS, UNV, SO, IIC);
- Receive and screen all correspondence and documents addressed to the section;
- Prepare and response to routine correspondence, faxes, memorandum, reports, etc;
- Review all outgoing correspondence to ensure accuracy and completeness of information and institutes follow up action. Ensure the confidentiality of information and sensitive documents;
- Establish and maintain a proper filing system by ensuring the prompt archiving of incoming and outgoing documentation;
- Coordinate meetings and appointments on behalf of CAVO;
- Coordinate and liaise closely with the Office of the Chief SCMS (Pillar Head) on behalf of CAVO and the section;
- Assist in the preparation and development of the section’s work plan;
- Perform administration of the section’s human resource activities (recruitment, relocation, training, etc.) while ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures;
- Provide guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices in coordination with the appropriate sections or units;
- Monitor the section’s staffing table for a variety of human resource activities;
- Monitor the section’s leave plans to ensure continuous smooth workflow and provide advance information to CAVO to plan manpower support when needed;
- Prepare the monthly attendance report for Aviation section UNVs based in Juba;
- Act as Focal Point for IMTC and CDT mandatory trainings (SEA, Ebola, etc.) and ensure all staff complete UN and Mission’s mandatory trainings and report accordingly.
Training in administrative writing skills, strong written and oral language skills, filing and document management skills. Proficiency in Microsoft office applications.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- At least 3 years experience in an office administrative role;
- Experience in Aviation and Supply Management is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc).Driving license: Yes Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 11 May 2021