East Jerusalem (Palestinian Territory)
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the M&E specialist, the UN National Volunteer will perform the following tasks:
- Monitoring and track community level complaints and feedback in West Bank using the Community Feedback Mechanism
- Manage and monitoring UNICEF’s engagement with the Inter-Agency Feedback Mechanism in the project target locations.
- Maintain the record of the complaints, feedback, suggestions, and inquiries received from the project beneficiaries and stakeholders as a part of overall UNICEF projects.
- Visit project sites and to obtain feedback and inputs from the affected population.
- Review and generate summary reports on a bi-weekly and monthly basis and provide inputs as and where needed to develop the summary reports.
- Ensure closing of complaints loop by tracking each complaint is processed and ensure that appropriate response is provided against respective complaints.
- Receive, process and respond to Persons of Concern (PoCs) feedback and complaints and guide PoCs seeking help through field visits, and other complaints and feedback mechanisms.
- Support PoCs by providing information to related services from relevant sections and other partner organizations;
- Maintain a proper filing system for all the complaints and feedback with filing codes;
- Support UNICEF IPs with reporting requirements utilizing UNICEF Reporting Portal on e-Tools;
- Support organizing meetings and focus group discussions as appropriate to track the end-users’ satisfaction towards UNICEF projects; and
- Engage with all relevant stakeholders, NGOs and UN agencies to ensure a coordinated and consistent approach to accountability
University degree in social sciences, development planning, planning, evaluation, survey implementation, advanced statistical research.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum two (02) year of relevant professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities or other field relevant to the task;
- At least one instance of exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning.
- Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, excellent oral and written skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of
- partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels;
- familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural
- team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet;
- familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Creativity, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
This is a National Specialis UN Volunteer assignment with a monthly VLA payment of ILS 4724.83. Only applications from “Palestinians” living in Jerusalem and West Bank will be considered.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to 'My Page' at https://vmam.unv.org//candidate/mypage and click on the 'Special Calls' hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call with the Application Code.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to 'My Page' at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the 'Special Calls' hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call with Application Code