Outreach Coordinator (Supporting Integrated Government System Service Delivery (REACH) for COVID-19 Prevention and Response in Fiji and Tonga)
Strengthening access to justice, rule of law and promoting human rights are cornerstones of UNDP’s work to achieve sustainable human development. The UNDP Pacific Office in Fiji is implementing projects as part of an overall programme in Supporting Integrated Government System Service Delivery (REACH) for COVID-19 Prevention and Response in Fiji and Tonga. The REACH Fiji and Tonga project supports access to social justice information and service delivery for the impoverished and vulnerable groups through empowering people to access economic, health, legal, welfare rights and services through the relevant key justice, economic, social protection institutions, in conjunction with strengthening those key institutions to undertake improved service delivery. The REACH Fiji and Tonga Project promotes peace building, social cohesion and inclusiveness through awareness of rights, access to services and institutional capacity building in Fiji and Tonga.
The position of Outreach Coordination Officer, Tonga REACH will be based in the UNDP Pacific Office in Tonga and the Ministry of Internal Affairs under the Department of Women. The incumbent will be required to travel throughout all of Tonga on a regular basis as part of the outreach (awareness raising and service delivery) activities.
As part of the Effective Governance Team, and under the overall guidance of the REACH Programme Manager based in Fiji; the Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and conduct of all outreach (awareness raising and service delivery) activities. The Outreach Coordinator will closely liaise with the REACH programme team in Suva, Department of Women in Tonga and other key stakeholders in Tonga to ensure effective conduct of programme outreach activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Manage effective training for participants in outreach activities.
- Manage knowledge and advocacy products for outreach activities.
- Manage coordination and planning for outreach activities.
- Manage the conduct and monitoring of outreach activities.
- Manage the reporting of outreach activities.
Ensures effective management of all training for stakeholders involved in outreach activities, including ensuring gender mainstreaming
- Develop training needs analysis for the different stakeholder groups involved in the outreach activities;
- Develop required training strategy and materials;
- Ongoing implementation of the training strategy through the conduct of trainings and as well through the coordination of relevant expert trainers to undertake some components;
- Ongoing refinement training strategy and training materials; and
- Maintain a final training package to enable a sustainable utilization and application by the stakeholders in the future.
Ensures effective management of knowledge and advocacy products to be utilized in outreach activities, including ensuring gender mainstreaming
- Review existing knowledge and advocacy products developed for outreach activities;
- Based on the review oversee the improvement to and development of new knowledge and advocacy products for outreach activities;
- Oversee the ongoing application of knowledge and advocacy products during outreach activities;
- Ongoing improvement to knowledge and advocacy products; and
- Maintain a final portfolio of knowledge and advocacy products to enable a sustainable utilization and application by stakeholders in the future.
Ensures effective and efficient coordination and planning of outreach activities, including ensuring gender mainstreaming
- In consultation with all stakeholders, including senior government representatives, develop schedule for outreach activities;
- Oversee the logistical coordination, planning and procurement for outreach activities;
- Manage and as necessary conduct advance missions for outreach activities; and
- Engage with a broad range of stakeholders to develop partnerships and expand the scope of awareness raising and service delivery being undertaken during outreach activities.
Ensures effective and efficient conduct and monitoring of outreach activities, including ensuring gender mainstreaming
- Oversee the conduct of outreach activities;
- Manage and respond to a range of contingencies that may arise during outreach activities;
- Ensure all stakeholders, including senior government representatives, are aware of the conduct of outreach activities;
- Oversee the communications and visibility aspects of outreach activities; and
- Ensure appropriate results based monitoring of outreach activities.
Ensures effective reporting of outreach activities, including ensuring gender mainstreaming.
- Manage the production of high quality reports of all outreach activities (by each mission, by month and by each quarter);
- Oversee the compilation and analysis of data arising from outreach activities;
- Oversee the production of reports and knowledge products on outreach activities to be utilized for advocacy purposes;
- Provide recommendations for ongoing improvement to delivery of outreach activities to develop a sustainable model for application by stakeholders in the future;
- Develop synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in outreach activities; and
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating UNDP’s mandate
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Analyzes country situation to identify opportunities for project development
- Participates in the formulation of project proposals and ensures substantive rigor in the design and application of proven successful approaches and drafts proposals accordingly
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
Innovation and New Approaches
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Demonstrates initiative to develop processes and systems to improve performance
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities for advocating for UNDP’s mandate
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly
- Ability to build strong relationships with operational staff across units and organizations
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Required Skills and Experience
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.