Legal and Private Sector Specialist
Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Nutrition Manager and the Education Manager and the Private Partnerships Specialist, the UN Volunteer Legal and Private Sector Specialist will:
- Support the nutrition department in providing technical and legal support in all aspects of childhood and maternal nutrition, with a particular focus on the protection of early childhood nutrition, including infant and young child feeding, and the prevention of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents through the adoption and implementation of appropriate legislative frameworks and policies, in line with UNICEF’s Nutrition Strategy 2020-2030 and guided by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, World Health Assembly Resolutions, and relevant WHO and UNICEF policy guidance and recommendations.
- Support the Education department in providing technical and legal support related to the promotion of distance education system adapted to the local context. This will include a revision of the legal framework, supporting the CO advocacy effort in the area of certification, intellectual property and other related areas.
- Support and advise the private partnership team on all legal issues related to private partnerships.
Master's degree in Law (or equivalent) with experience in Global Public Health and Nutrition and relevant international regulatory policies and their application to the national context.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
2 years of working experience; experience in the area of legal and private partnerships is required.
Developing country work experience is required. Professional experience in Ivory Coast or similar context is considered an asset.
UNICEF or UN work experience is considered an asset.Language skills:
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
An advanced university degree in Law or equivalent professional work in the legal area combined with advanced university degree in the related area as well as an experience in Global Public Health and Nutrition and relevant international regulatory policies and their application to the national context
At least two (2) years of professional experience. This includes experience in international organizations.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 13-05-2021