Local Consultants: Cold Chain Vaccine Management Consultant (COVID-19 Support) - 11 Months
To Support DOH and the Implementation Sites in Planning, Allocating, Distributing, and Monitoring COVID-19 Vaccines and Ancillaries at the National, Regional, LGU Levels.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a fair chance
UNICEF has been an active partner of the Government of the Philippines and civil society in realizing the rights of every Filipino child, in line with priorities to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. UNICEF efforts have been focused on the most vulnerable regions identified by the Government of the Philippines Development Plan, particularly in the regions of Visayas and Mindanao. To ensure that interventions are sustainable and scaled up, UNICEF will support primarily local government units (LGUs) as the main instruments of delivering services and building systems. The level of engagement with government institutions will take into account capacities, economies of scale and sector issues.
It has a field office in Cotabato City, the second largest city in Mindanao, southern Philippines, with some 300,000 population. The city is the regional administrative centre of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao and over 80 percent of the population is Muslim. Mindanao is both conflict-affected and prone to frequent earthquakes and typhoon storms.
Visit this link for more information on Philippine Country Office: https://www.unicef.org/philippines/
How can you make a difference
- The Consultant will work under the overall guidance PCO Immunization Specialist, closely Collaborate with the Supply Unit, and be supervised by Procurement Services Officer.
- • Assess the Capability of the Intended Recipients of the COVID-19 Vaccines.
• Support UNICEF Philippines in the Procurement and Delivery of CCE and Logistics.
• Prepare Allocation and Shipping Details of the Commodities.
• Coordinate with the Recipients to Ensure the Availability of Adequate Space, Power Supply and Responsible Person Identified.
• Facilitate the Delivery of the Commodities in Coordination with Supply Unit of UNICEF Philippines.
• Carry Out Regular Field Visits to Assess Readiness of Recipient Health Facilities and Address Issues and Concerns.
• Monitor and Support the Delivery and Installation of the Equipment, Assist if necessary.
• Provide Technical Assistance to DOH and LGUs in the Cold Chain Logistics and Vaccine Management.
• Support DOH to Functionalize the Vaccine Supply Chain Monitoring Systems at the National and Sub-National Level.
• Document the Entire Process from Delivery to Commissioning of the Equipment.
• Provide Other Technical Support to the Country Office and Other Priority Areas.
- Inception Report on the Key Outputs and Deliverables of the Consultancy.
- Health Facility Assessment Report on the Readiness for the Vaccines.
- Procurement Status Report of the Supplies Procured through UNICEF Philippines.
- Shipment Status Report for the Supplies Procured through UNICEF Philippines.
- Training Needs Assessment Report on the Supply Chain Management.
- Monitoring/Status Report of Delivery and Installation.
- Training Report of Partners.
- Monitoring/Status Report of Installation 1.
- Monitoring/Status Report of Installation 2.
- Monitoring/Status Report of Installation 3.
- Final Report with Full Documentation.
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant
University Degree in One or More of the Disciplines: Engineering, Public Health, Social Sciences or a field relevant to the Cold Chain Logistics and Vaccine Management.
At least 2 Years of Practical Experience in Cold Chain and Vaccines Supplies and Supply Management System.
Experience Working with DOH and LGUs.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 12 May 2021. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number: 540019 will be considered.
All candidates are requested to submit a COVER LETTER, and the duly filled P 11 form which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc indicating three (3) previous supervisors. Please indicate your area of assignment, ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted.
By applying through our Talent Management System (TMS) you agree to our privacy statement which is in line with the Philippines Data Privacy Act. You are strongly advised to read carefully through the privacy statement before submitting your application.
"UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles."