IT Operations Associate (SCOPE), FTA-G6 and SC6, Khartoum & El Obeid
JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Posting Date: 28 April 2021
Closing Date: 12 May 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Information Communication and Technology team and enable the delivery of life-changing services? Are you ready to partner with WFP managers and teams to deliver effective IT Solutions that are intended to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced IT Operations Associates, to join our ICT teams in the following duty stations at the indicated grade/contract: El Obeid (SC6) and Khartoum (G6, two positions) and to be hired on either a Fixed Term or Service Contract as indicated.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
Under the supervision of the head of IT Operations - Digital Assistance Services (DAS), the incumbent will provide technical support for the planning and implementation of, beneficiary registrations and distributions end-to-end through Digital Assistance Services (DAS). Provision of Digital Assistance Services will include not only WFP corporate services but also other solutions including interactions with other agencies like UNHCR.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support offices across the country for an efficient implementation of their programmes, leveraging the DAS platform and other solutions.
- Capacity building to ensure that the field has the capacity to implement DAS with minimal support from the country office
- Capacity building for cooperating partners to enable them to support in beneficiary registrations and distributions as needed.
- Assess cards and equipment requirements to ensure continuous provision to support operations
- Provide technical support to DAS operations
- Analyze requirements and plan support for implementation across the country with other stakeholders
- Participate in meetings with internal stakeholders and service providers to define needs and select appropriate partners for the execution of our DAS operations
- Work with field offices to prepare and execute DAS implement plans in coordination with all stakeholders.
- Gather data, analyze and produce compelling reports and dashboard to provide facts about implementations and inform strategic decisions on programmes.
- Perform other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in areas related to Information Communication Technology, software development etc.
Experience: Five years of relevant experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of IT solutions.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has aided IT team members in building technical skills and staying abreast of industry developments.
- Has gained knowledge of technical issues through exposure to IT operations.
- Experience with standard IT equipment, software packages and systems.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a
- competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 12 May 2021
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals or those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations. Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- Applicants should state the duty stations they are interested in before submitting their applications using their cover letters.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED