IT Operations Assistant (SCOPE), SC5 (Khartoum & Nyala)
JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Posting Date: 28 April 2021
Closing Date: 12 May 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s ICT team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused ICT services and deploying technology solutions that will benefit thousands of beneficiaries? Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented IT Operations Assistant (SCOPE) to be based in our duty stations of Khartoum and Nyala, in Sudan , to be hired on a Service Contract SC5 level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
The position is for purpose of providing technical support for the planning and implementation of, beneficiary registrations and distributions end-to-end through Digital Assistance Services (DAS). Provision of Digital Assistance Services will include not only WFP corporate services but also other solutions including interactions with other agencies like UNHCR.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall supervision of the head of IT Operations in Khartoum and head of IT Units in the Area Officse or Sub offices, the IT Solution Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Monitor and operate the SCOPE Service Desk in order to receive service requests and address or escalate to appropriate staff.
- Support offices across the country for an efficient implementation of their programmes, leveraging the DAS platform and other solutions.
- Capacity building to ensure that the field has the capacity to implement DAS with minimal support from the country office
- Capacity building for cooperating partners to enable them to support in beneficiary registrations and distributions as needed.
- Assess cards and equipment requirements to ensure continuous provision to support operations
- Provide technical support to DAS operations
- Analyze requirements and plan support for implementation across the country with other stakeholders
- Participate in meetings with internal stakeholders and service providers to define needs and select appropriate partners for the execution of our DAS operations
- Work with field offices to prepare and execute DAS implement plans in coordination with all stakeholders.
- Gather data, analyze and produce compelling reports and dashboard to provide facts about implementations and inform strategic decisions on programmes.
- Perform other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of Secondary school education preferably supplemented by tertiary learning in Information Technology, computer science or any relevant field.
Experience: Four years of experience related to Information Technology assignments
Language: Fluent in both English and Arabic
Closing date: 12 May 2021
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals or those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations. Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- Applicants should state the duty stations they are interested in while completing their cover letters.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED