Human Resource Officer (Talent Outreach)
Post Number : HRM 050
Grade : P-3
Parent Sector : Bureau of Human Resources Management (HRM)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Human Resources
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 28 MAY 2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of the Staffing and Recruitment Section, the incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing outreach, sourcing and social media strategies in support of quality recruitment and in support of the geographical diversity and gender parity objectives of the Organization. The incumbent will also be in charge of special programmes (Young Professional Programme etc.). The incumbent will also be responsible for providing advice to recruitment officers and to managers on talent outreach initiatives. In particular, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities :
- Develop and implement targeted outreach and sourcing strategies, by partnering with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with Member States, in particular non- and under-represented Member States with the aim of developing and implementing outreach strategies for attracting a diverse pool of candidates in support of UNESCO’s objective of achieving equitable geographical distribution and gender parity.
- Advise recruitment officers and hiring managers on best sourcing and outreach solutions.
- Identify, promote and implement state-of-the art initiatives on outreach and other sourcing techniques such as search firms, global career platforms, assessment centers; and the use of social media (including Linkedin etc.)
- Maximize the use of recruitment analytics in support of outreach strategies.
- Conduct webinars and outreach events, as well as job fairs, forums, conferences to seek and attract potential candidates, and promote UNESCO as an employer of choice.
- Conduct training and prepare the outreach related promotional and information materials as required.
- Keep up to date with best practices both at United Nations level and private sector, and actively participate in relevant networks.
- Contribute to the review of existing policies, procedures and practices related to recruitment and outreach.
- Manage special programmes such as the Young Professional Programme.
- Follow up on the implementation of audit recommendations related to staffing and recruitment.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, law or a related field.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience in the field of human resources management with emphasis on recruitment and/or talent outreach of which preferably 2 years acquired at international level.
- Experience and knowledge of sourcing techniques, including social media.
- Good understanding and implementation of recruiting analytics to drive decision-making.
- Good knowledge of talent management systems, and the use of databases/rosters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build trust-based relationships with colleagues at all levels and with partners.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to work in a multicultural team with sensitivity, high sense of confidentiality and respect for diversity.
- Strong client orientation approach, as well as diplomatic skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Strong analytical capability with ability to look for weaknesses in processes and to propose improvements.
- Good IT skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of English (both written and oral).
- Certification in the field of Human Resource Management.
- Relevant experience in the United Nations system or other multilateral organizations.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of interview and assessment techniques.
- Good knowledge of French (both written and oral).
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.