Bidibidi - Yumbe District
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has its country office in Kampala and field offices in Lamwo, Arua, Kiryandongo, Kyegegwa and Bidibidi-Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming.
The Pharmacy Technician will be responsible for planning, procurement distribution and management and accountability of medical supplies and equipment and ensuring adherence to the MOH standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating project activities that involve the management and storage of Commodities including pharmaceutical supplies and medical equipment.
- Ensuring the availability of cost-effective, safe, efficacious and rational use of Pharmaceutical products through the use of different tools e.g SPARS.
- Strengthening the process of Logistics management of supplies in alignment With MOH guidelines.
- Ensure tracking and accountability for all medical and pharmaceutical Products as well as related supplies used by the health facilities.
- Support forecasting and quantification of supplies obtained from the warehouse.
- Support good storage and distribution practices at both warehouse and facilities.
- Prepare monthly reports for both the donors and internally as IRC.
- Use and regular updating of the available Pharma inventory systems like Rx solution.
- Provide regular feedback to the Pharmacist and health manager on stock status of medical supplies and equipment.
- Assist in preparation of donor reports.
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Key Working Relationships
Direct supervisor: Health Manager
Other: Logistics, finance, admin staff.
Govt. of Uganda: District Health Team and other district officialsOther: NGOs, INGOs and UN agencies working in the project region