IT Procurement Application Portfolio Manager
Vacancy in the Directorate of Internal Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. For this purpose, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
ESRIN, Frascati, Italy
IT Procurement Application Portfolio Manager in the Corporate Functions Portfolio Section, Applications Services Division, Information Technology Department, Directorate of Internal Services
You will report to the Head of Section and will be responsible for efficiently and properly managing and delivering IT solutions, in particular in the areas of procurement and industrial policy.
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- providing support to customer representatives with the defining of business needs and requirements;
- translating and consolidating those requirements into technical specifications;
- planning and implementing agreed IT solutions throughout the project life cycle, from preparation to closure, including analysis, design, development (i.e. instantiation, composition and customisation of tools), testing and handover to operations and managing all related procurements and contracts;
- organising and leading project teams and managing supplier performance;
- monitoring and controlling project scope, cost, schedule, quality issues and risk, taking appropriate action on any deviations and ensuring compliance with QMS procedures and the project methodology adopted;
- providing regular, comprehensive status and progress reports to the Head of Section and governance hierarchy, prioritising critical topics as required;
- providing expert support to business counterparts, identifying areas for improvement in business processes, and providing possible solutions compliant with the IT strategy;
- monitoring the evolution of portfolio-related solutions available on the market and providing advice;
- performing any other activities as deemed appropriate to cope with emerging needs within the IT Department.
You will also support:
- business change managers in identifying potential change management issues and devising appropriate solutions;
- the definition of roadmaps, including high-level needs analysis, solution evaluation and preparation of business cases related to proposed solutions;
- the solution architect by aligning evolving solutions with the overall Corporate Information System architecture, regarding any change within the related portfolio involving major or minor enhancements;
- the Department’s internal cost planning by preparing and ensuring the accurate planning and forecasting of costs.
A Master's degree in IT engineering or in a relevant business area is required for this post.
You should have solid work experience in the disciplines related to the tasks under consideration. Project management certification would be an asset.
You should also have:
- at least fifteen years’ proven experience in leading the design, build and deployment of IT procurement solutions; proven experience of processes and systems integration;
- proven experience of at least one successful live SAP S/4HANA project in the procurement area; experience in public tendering and procurement of services would be an asset;
- excellent presentation and negotiating skills are required together with the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment;
- experience of working in a multicultural public-sector environment.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
At the Agency we value diversity and we welcome people with disabilities. Whenever possible, we seek to accommodate individuals with disabilities by providing the necessary support at the workplace. The Human Resources Department can also provide assistance during the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us email email@example.com.
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia and Slovenia.
According to the ESA Convention the recruitment of staff must take into account an adequate distribution of posts among nationals of the ESA Member States. When short-listing for an interview, priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented Member States. (https://esamultimedia.esa.int/docs/careers/NationalityTargets.pdf)
In accordance with the European Space Agency’s security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment.
Recruitment will normally be at the first grade in the band (A2); however, if the candidate selected has little or no experience, the position may be filled at A1 level.