Juba (South Sudan)
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the UNV Programme Manager, the UNV Administrative Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide day-to-day support in areas of work, such as initiate, process, monitor, review and follow up actions related to the administration, logistic and human resources activities of the unit;
- Assist in the review and processing of data in line with the Conditions of Service (COS);
- Receive and screen all correspondence and other documents addressed to the UNV Field Unit;
- Ensure all UN Volunteer files and records are complete, updated and consolidated, both online and offline, while maintaining confidentiality;
- Draft official memos, respond to correspondences and e-mails; review/edit outgoing correspondence to ensure accuracy and completeness of information and institute follow up action;
- Plan and organize office meetings, take minutes during the meetings and maintain records of the minutes;
- Manage working materials such as office equipment, stationaries and documents. Report any malfunctioning office equipment for quick service and maintenance;
- Provide overall administrative support to the UNV Field Unit and UN Volunteers.
- Keep abreast of UNV COS, and different rules within UNMISS regarding Leave Management;
- Assist UNVs in the understanding and interpretation of their Leave Entitlements based on the COS and Administrative Circulars;
- Review and process leave requests and reports for UN Volunteers in FSS or other systems;
- Review offline leave records and compare with online systems;
- Act as the Attendance / Leave Monitor for the UNV Field Unit. Maintain attendance records for the office;
- Monitor and record Attendance Records for UN Volunteers in the Mission;
- Monitor the section’s leave plans to ensure continuous smooth workflow while other staff members are on leave, especially during holiday periods;
- Conduct Leave Management training sessions in field locations.
Volunteer and Entitlement Management
- Provide guidance and advice, in consultation with the Programme Manager, to UN Volunteers on Conditions of Service (COS), Internal Circulars and other documents on policies and procedures within the mission area;
- Assist in on-boarding of New Volunteers, including check-in on FSS, booking of transit accommodation, coordinate with Reception Team and Protocol and request for Index and Business Partner number creation in UMOJA;
- Assist in facilitating the processes for Volunteer Recruitment, as required;
- Review and process claims and entitlements, as requested;
- Responsible for the tracking and processing of documentation, including volunteer reassignments, Volunteer Performance Assessments, training documents and any other volunteer related documentation;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Completion of Secondary Education. Specialized certification in Human Resources or Administration is required;
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be highly desirable.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in Human Resources, Administration, or other relevant areas;
- Experience with working in the UN or other international development organization is desirable
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation and reporting skills required;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/ internet; familiarity with database management and office technology equipment required;
- Valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 over rough terrain is desirable.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 13 May 2021