Logistics Assistant G5
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Unit and the overall guidance of the Head of Office, the Logistics Assistant will be reponsible for the following duties:
1. Create STOs. Review FRNs. Create loading plan and share it with Programme and Logistics Unit.
2. Timely forward STOs for approval to Head of Unit for releases in system.
3. Capture waybills (Outbound Deliveries) for planned dispatched as per received FRN and start shipment.
4. Receive IBDs after delivery of commodities at Final Distribution Points (FDPs).
5. Working closely with BSA - (Logistics Operations) analyse CO stocks after every distribution period and accurately supervise Physical inventory capture.
6. Data analysis (Monthly reconciliation, COMET/LESS reconciliation, Quarterly reconciliation).
7. Review unit Purchase Orders before being approved to ensure all attachments are attached and POs are correctly created under correct charge codes.
8. Create CO annual supply chain budget stating the expected expenditure timelines.
9. Work with Head of Unit to compile CO matrices for CO Budget Revision and new activities.
10. Monitor and closing purchase orders when final invoices are paid.
11. Prepare CO supply chain funds analysis detailing expenditure, surplases and/or deficit.
12. Prepare quartely funds monitoring reports.
13. Track and follow unit invoices ensuring that all are paid within IPSAS compliance period.
14. Perfom any other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A Diploma in the related functional area is desirable.
General Service: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Enfglish and Siswati.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Management||Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.|
|Information Management & Reporting||
Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.|
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience in Logistics operations dealing with deliveries to multiple desitinations.
- Experience in working with various transporters, and NGOs on commodity delivery.
- Experience in in using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
- Experience in managing inventories.
- Experience in managing an operation involving warehouses with food and NFIs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This is a local position for Swazi nationals only.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- WFP does not charge any fees from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for applications, 14 May 2021