Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (Specialist)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
Since 2015, a sustained effort has been in place to build and operationalize the M&E system for the USAID funded EPT2/GHSA Programme. The system has been developed in collaboration with FAO country and regional teams, and USAID. The newly funded USAID Global Health Security Programme (GHSP) aims to continue supporting the MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning) system. In that view, the GHSP results framework was developed and piloted in December 2020.
The incumbent will work under the overall policy and technical guidance of the ECTAD Global Programme Coordinator (NSAH), in line with programme management guidance from the Emergency and Rehabilitation Officer/ECTAD Global Programme Budget Holder (OER), and the direct supervision of the Global M&E Coordinator for ECTAD and in close collaboration with relevant ECTAD colleagues at global and field level.
The incumbent will report to the Global M&E Coordinator for ECTAD.
Support the implementation of ECTAD projects/programmes and specifically the GHSP at global, regional, and country level.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lead performance indicators development/review, results/logical frameworks development, and data collection, survey, and assessment tools design and development.
- Lead the development of learning agendas for assigned projects and oversee their implementation.
- Conduct periodic M&E information quality assurance and analysis.
- Facilitate MEL consultations at country, regional, central levels and among implementing partners
- Provide training to country and regional M&E staff/focal points including on the design of post-training monitoring.
- Support identification of best practices across the portfolio and capturing of lessons learnt.
- Act as M&E focal point for assigned regions.
- Contribute to the elaboration of project proposals, with a special focus on the results framework, theory of change and MEL.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in economics, development studies, business administration, public administration, engineering, and other related fields.
- Five years of relevant experience in programme management, evaluation, or other related fields.
- Working knowledge of English, and limited knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French, or Spanish.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency