Procurement Assistant (National Consultant)
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
The position is based in the Regional Officer for Europe and Central Asia of FAO, the leading UN agency in terms of providing support for agriculture and rural development, forestry and fisheries. The Procurement Assistant works in the Procurement Unit and covers a variety of office support tasks, particularly in procurement, that contribute to the timely and effective running of the office.
The Procurement Assistant will work under the overall guidance of the Regional Administrative Officer and the direct supervision of the National Administrative and Finance Officer.
Support to FAO’s procurement services; Contribution to timely and efficient procurement operations.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Act as focal point for the timely and complete preparation and regular updating of the office procurement plan, assuring the contribution of all parties involved in the exercise;
• Assist in the following tasks: identify method of solicitation, sourcing strategy and distributes invitations to tender, preparation of solicitation process, draft tendering documents, using e-tendering system and provision of support on bid/proposals evaluations while ensuring the solicitation process is fair, objective and transparent and that it follows the general principles, as set forth in the FAO Manual Section, the governing rules for Organisational procedures;
• Perform cost and price analysis on proposals and quotations, submitting results of analysis and making recommendations for awarding the contracts;
• Assist in implementing and administering contracts;
• Liaise with staff at various levels within the Organization: Headquarters and across the Region, as required;
• Liaise with suppliers;
• Following up the delivery process of procured goods to ensure timely delivery in collaboration with Programme personnel;
• Assist in the preparation and presentation of procurement related cases to the relevant Committees and personnel taking part in the evaluation and awarding procedure;
• Assist in initiating a variety of administrative transactions, in particular related to purchasing transactions, in the FAO’s corporate computerized systems;
• Set up and maintain office files and reference systems including confidential files;
• Assist in drafting, preparing and extending framework agreements and service contracts;
• Assist in obtaining customs clearance for international deliveries;
• Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Completed econdary school education
• Three years’ experience in office assistance, secretarial support or related fields
• Working knowledge of English
• Hungarian nationality or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Experience in procurement will be considered an asset
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• High standard of computer literacy
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.