Pediatrician / Areesha Camp
The Pediatrician is responsible for providing high quality primary level health care to children and adolescents, particularly children under five years of age. The paediatrician will treat a wide range of patients with a high case load of infection diseases and provide health education to children and their families on key health topics. This position is based within the IRC’s Maternal and Child Health Clinic in Al Hol camp. Maternal health and mental health services are also offered in this clinic, and the pediatrician may easily refer patients and their family members to the appropriate providers.
- This position reports to the Al Hol Health Manager.
- Provide high quality clinical care to children and adolescents, with a focus on children under five years of age
- Able to work with different types of age groups that includes, babies, children and adolescents
- Screen and treat different developmental growth stages
- Treat all types of infectious childhood diseases
- Ability to deal with matters ranging from a case of acne to a child's ongoing battle with muscular dystrophy.
- Able to provide a diagnosis based on visual and auditory indicators.
- Track immunization schedules and refer children to the appropriate provider of vaccination within the camp
- Communicate well with both children and parents.
- Provide detailed explanations of treatment course options and assuage fears.
- Advise patients, parents or guardians and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients and parents or guardians.
- Monitor patients' condition and progress and re-evaluate treatments as necessary.