United Kingdom (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
Is using your creativity to deliver meaningful change your passion?
This is a unique opportunity to work with one of the UK’s leading emotional health charities. We’re looking for people who want to use their skills and experience as innovators to make a meaningful impact that will help deliver breakthrough income.
This role brings together creativity, collaboration, problem-solving and a commercial mindset.
You’ll be a hands-on consultant working in our insight and innovation team to help us turn our fundraising ideas into a viable product. You’ll work closely with the Portfolio Manager and the wider Innovation team to deliver propositions to our supporters quickly.
The role is varied and you’ll need to be comfortable with a degree of uncertainty. No two days are the same – and you’ll thrive in this environment.
If you have experience launching a new product, campaign or small business and want to use those skills to make real social impact, we’d love to hear from you.
“You've got to be hungry - for ideas, to make things happen and to see your vision made into reality” Anita Roddick
What’s the job:
Our job is to conceptualise products and propositions to raise funds for our charity. And we’re looking for people to help us make our ideas a reality and take them to market quickly.
To do this, you will:
- Take ownership for one of our propositions and immerse yourself in it
- Use your curiosity to understand why we designed this proposition
- Use our existing research to get to know your target user, or suggest we invest more time in research if you need to know more
- Work with the Portfolio manager to understand the timeline to develop the proposition into a minimum viable product
- Work to develop a more detailed plan
- Proactively solve any problems that arise, tackling them head on and using your creativity to find solutions
- Understand that sometimes done is better than perfect
- Experience setting up or leading projects that requires creativity and flexibility with an operational/execution focus
- Understanding of challenges faced by scaling products
- Project management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written)
- Experience that demonstrates you are a doer/go-getter
Values and Attributes:
We’re looking for people who take a values-driven approach to their work and have an enthusiasm for socially-driven enterprises. Your personal values will be:
- Authenticity – come as you are
- Open mindedness – you enjoy open discussions; you’re willing to constructively challenge others and be challenged too
- Creativity – you enjoy thinking outside the box and finding alternative solutions to solve problems
- Curiosity – you’re interested in what’s going on around you, and what makes others tick
- Strong vision for the future – you want to use your skills to make things better for the future
- Collaboration - enthusiastic team player with a deep commitment to collaboration and serving the greater good
- Emotional resilience – occasionally, we work with distressing content.
What you’ll get in return:
You will experience:
- Working on propositions that have a real, positive social impact
- Working as part of an innovation team, gaining more exposure to the process
- Varied and interesting work
- Association with a well-known emotional health brand
Samaritans is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person they are. We warmly welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
Application: please provide us with a CV and cover letter
Start Date: ASAP