Consultant to prepare the Evaluation Report for Project TR 003-2021
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UTF/BRA/083/BRA – The project is entitled "New Productive and Social Organization of Family Farming in Brazil – A Necessity”, and is set to be concluded on June 16th of 2021, its goal is to promote an evolution in the productive and social organization of family farming in order to strengthen the strategic role of the sector in the national rural development.
The UTF/BRA/083/ BRA – "New Productive and Social Organization of Family Farming in Brazil – A Necessity" Technical Cooperation Project absorbs this demand through its Immediate Goal 2 - To incorporate new management practices for the productive development of family farming impacting sectors with low productive capacity; Result 2.1 – Guidelines for the productive organization of family farming on defined sustainable bases.
Gustavo Chianca, Assistant to the Representative at FAO Brazil - Programme
This consultancy is for the elaboration of Technical Cooperation Project UTF/BRA/083/BRA's Final Report, in accordance with the guidelines provided for in this Terms of Reference.
To evaluate Project UTF/BRA/083/BRA through the collection, aggregation and systematization of data, in order to:
a) Verify and measure the results achieved by the project;
b) Identify and point out the factors that contributed to the development of the project and the factors that compromised the performance of activities or delayed the execution of project steps;
c) Identify to what extent the collaboration between SAF and FAO was adequate and efficient.
To prepare the final evaluation report of the UTF/BRA/083/BRA Project in order to consolidate and evaluate the overall implementation of its results.
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Participation in a preparatory meeting with MAPA and FAO technical teams to contextualize the work, harmonize concepts, and plan the activities to be developed within the scope of the consultancy;
2. Analysis of the documentation related to the technical cooperation project, in order to ascertain the project's background, technical cooperation initiatives developed, and prospected demands;
3. Interviews with SAF/MAPA top management actors and/or with the technical team to collect information that guarantees the project's institutional value and attributes;
4. Compilation and analysis of technical contributions for the preparation of the preliminary version of the consultancy products, based on the document analysis and interviews carried out;
5. Preparation and discussion of the preliminary version of the consultancy products with SAF/MAPA team;
6. Meeting with SAF/MAPA and FAO representatives to present the preliminary version of the Final Evaluation Report and collect contributions to improve the document in its final version;
7. Incorporation of the contributions received and adjustments for the delivery of the final version to be submitted by SAF/MAPA for FAO's approval.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING:
- Any undergraduate diploma.
- Brazilian Nationality or other legally authorized to work in Brazil
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Minimum experience of 08 (eight) years in international cooperation activities; evaluation of international technical cooperation projects, and/or preparation of technical-scientific documents
- Desirable Experience in International Technical Cooperation Project; Data Analysis and Performance Indicators; project performance evaluation.
THE INFORMATION RELATING TO YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE MUST BE COMPLETED IN PORTUGUESE
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.