Office Cleaner (Urban)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community-based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. IRC has a country office in Kampala, and field offices in Moroto, Kiryandongo, Kyaka II, Yumbe, Imvepi, Kiryandongo and Moroto
Scope of Work
Under the direct supervision of the HR and Admin Officer/Assistant, the Office Cleaner is responsible for maintaining general cleanliness of the premises at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Always maintains cleanliness inside and outside the office premises daily.
- Cleans floors and windows of the premises daily.
- Empty and clean dustbins, wastepaper baskets daily and dispose of rubbish in designated areas.
- Ensure that washrooms are always kept clean and well stocked with the necessary toiletries daily.
- Ensure that all office furniture and equipment are clean and well-arranged daily.
- Maintain the kitchen area and clean all surfaces and other appliances.
- Ensure that the kitchen store is always well stocked with the necessary kitchen utilities.
- Ensure requirements for tea/coffee making are available at the kitchen/pantry counter at all times i.e. teacups, sugar, coffee, teaspoons.
- Assist in arranging for in house meetings i.e. (arranging meeting room).
- Undertake internal errands for staff including photocopying and preparation of documents.
- Assist with any other office duties as may be required by your supervisor.