DNA Operations Support Technician
The Hague (Netherlands)
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. This is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It works with governments and other stakeholders, including families of the missing, to help them develop and maintain successful missing persons processes. To learn more about ICMP click here.
Under the supervision of the Head of the DNA Laboratories Division, the DNA Operations Support Technician will provide logistical and technical support services for the DNA Laboratory. The position will work to maintain an efficient and effective laboratory, with duties including procurement of supplies, reagents and service, maintaining clean and orderly laboratory spaces, assisting with the receipt and shipment of evidence and witnessing and verifying the work of other ICMP scientists.
Additional duties to include assisting in the tracking of equipment inventory and maintenance records, tracking the supply of reagents and consumables, and coordinating the disposal of hazardous materials.
Under the guidance of the Head of the DNA Laboratories Division, the DNA Operations Support Technician's main duties and responsibilities are the following:
- Procurement of supplies, reagents and services necessary for the operation of the DNA Laboratory
- Routine cleaning and removal of hazardous waste from the laboratories. Coordinating the disposal of hazardous material as necessary
- Witnessing and verifying the work of other scientists in the DNA Laboratory
- Receipt and shipment of evidence to and from the DNA Laboratory
- Tracking equipment inventory and maintenance records
- Coordinating the procurement of equipment maintenance and service
- Other related duties as assigned