IT Assistant (IT Helpdesk), JA 07-2021
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Bangkok
Job Family: Computer Sciences / Information Technologies
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 2
Duration of contract : Initial three (3) months probationary period; renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Bangkok Time) : 16-MAY-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only candidates entitled to work in Thailand may applyOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO Regional Bureau for Education in Asia and the Pacific, and direct supervision of Head of Executive Office, working in close collaboration with UNESCO IT team, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
1. Run the helpdesk function of the office by performing first level of IT support for hardware/software troubleshooting to all staff in Bangkok office and provide remote support to Yangon project office and other project offices/antennas as needed.
2. Assess hardware and software needs of staff , provide suggestions to IT manager for improvement, and perform hardware and software maintenance:
(i) Update software on the fleet of computers to ensure that they all meet the same office-set standards ;
(ii) Routine back-up of corporate servers (Network Storages, Applications and Databases);
(iii) Routine back-up of virtual HDDs and make snap-shot of virtual servers;
(iv) Creation/deletion/update of user accounts, distribution lists, security lists, computers, servers, security identification cards, fingerprint scanner, UN-SMS platform;
(v) Manage the group policy for office-wide deployment of computer and network configurations;
(vi) Monitor the network connectivity, ensure high quality of network on both wired and wireless network;
(vii) Provide wireless network access ticket to the guest of UNESCO upon request.
3. Keep track of equipment and update the computer and ICT equipment in UNESCO Bangkok's assets management system.
4. Identify and contact hardware suppliers/vendors, in compliance with UNESCO current standards, and follow up for any technical support services.
5. Set up ICT equipment and online communication during meetings/workshops organized by UNESCO, both inside and outside the office.
6. Perform any other duties related to IT/ICT as may be requested by the Chief or the IT Manager.Long Description Long Description COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed secondary education or Bachelor’s Degree of Computer Science or related fields.
- Minimum four (4) years of relevant experience (with secondary education), or minimum one (1) year of relevant experience (with Bachelor’s Degree) of full-time IT support is required.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Thai (spoken and written).
Skills and competencies
- Windows Server/Desktop, Linux.
- Network infrastructure and security.
- MS Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud products.
- Fluent with audio-visual equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Certification - MCSA: Windows and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experiences of full-time IT support in an international organization.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.