Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment. Candidates must be students of any academic program (BA/BSc, Masters, PhD) and keep this status during the whole period of the volunteer assignment.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Communication Specialist, the National UN Youth Volunteer will:
- Assist the Communication Specialist in the maintenance and update of CoE’s website.
- Translate documents, presentations, news articles and press releases into English-Portuguese (and vice-versa).
- Support in writing communications materials.
- Write stories, reports, press releases and minutes of meetings.
- Prepare social media contents, like texts, cards and videos.
- Assist in creating and implementing a social media strategy.
- Explore new online and social media tools and implement best practices.
- Assist in the preparation of analytical reports and presentations containing statistics and performance of website and social media accounts managed by the Communications Specialist.
- Assist in the creation or update of design and layout of communication materials for online media including arts, graphics and infographics for social media accounts and website.
- Assist with video production and audio projects, including recording, capturing/importing media, editing footage and sound files, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media.
- Prepare daily news clipping on stories of the interest of CoE and its partners.
- Gather information on themes related to the projects.
- Support the Communications Specialist in the preparation, organization and coverage of national and international events.
- Support the Communications Specialist with photos of events.
- Assist in the management and update of mailing lists used by the Communications Specialist.
- Assist in handling telephone calls, requests from the press, the general public and partners, as well as internal clients.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree or currently studying towards a degree in Communications (Journalism or Advertising).
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in Communications (Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising or Marketing).
- Proved experience in managing social media platforms.
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite and related softwares, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded.
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Spanish(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Motivation to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others.
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills.
- Keen eye for photography would be an advantage
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Brazil and legal residents in Brazil with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. Don’t forget to tick the yes box for: “I am interested in serving as a volunteer in my own country.”
Application deadline: 16 May 2021, 23:59 Germany time