Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Communication Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the Communication UNV will support the implementation of Communication activities in the priority outcome areas, working closely with partners from the Ministry of Education (MOE), Ministry of Social Development (MOSD), Ministry of Health (MOH) and the National Center for Statistics and Information (NCSI) and other partners from the private sector and interact closely with the Omani Media.
As a communication UNV, the person will support the following functions;
- Digital Media support
- Establish with the communications chief a digital media plan, calendar and daily workflow.
- Have access on all UNICEF Oman Social Media accounts to populate and update it, and coordinate communications chief with the with RO and HQ on best tools and solutions used for Social Media tracking
- Update and manage content in UNICEF Oman social media accounts
- Create content for social media on a regular basis
- Updating the social media calendar and regularly updating the content calendar
- Creating weekly and monthly reports on social media performance and providing a regional and global benchmark against UNICEF Oman social media accounts.
- Ensure Arabic and English content used in Oman CO are aligned with Omani Media style and consistent in dissemination
- Partnership and events
- Support the Chief of comms in capturing potential partnership opportunities
- Support with keeping corroborants and minutes of meetings updating in relation to partnerships and events
- Support in drafting aspects of the agreements between UNICEF Oman and each business or private partnership as needed
- Support the communication chief in coordinating event planning and ensure pre and post event coordination
- Preparing concept notes and logistics required for events and key functional gatherings
- Develop and maintain a deep relationship with services providers such as print-houses, photographers and content creators
- Translation and Arabic content
- Support comms with Arabic translation requests based on needs
- Keep a reference of the best Arabic proofread content approved by the Oman representative
- Design and content:
- Support OCO with content creation; edit, and omit visual look and feel of reports, documents produced on behalf of OCO and ensure consistency in brand look and feel
- Produce minimum 1 – 2 visual content (static or dynamic) to be used in Social media, website and other channels
- Keep a design library that will include illustrated designs, edited photography and disseminated designs
- Manage the design of brand items for the Oman CO office including, Brand inventory, occasional E-Cards, greeting videos or static designs or themes
- Managing the UNICEF occasion calendar (local and international events)
- Other admin work
- Ensure updating the CO database and update Oman media pack and work with the senior executive assistant at the front office to ensure representative’s bio and other UN and government official biographies
- work with the senior executive assistant at the front office to ensure updating the Media contact list and maintain a close relationship with media outlets
- Updating the comms divisions shared folder and re-arrange the files on a regular base
- Provide and create content for program, ops and comms
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant area, e.g. communication, public relation, multimedia or digital media or area related to communication and OR liberal arts;
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in communication and content creation, or public relation or digital media, or other relevant programmes; experience with 2 is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Intermediate to excellent knowledge on content creation programs such as: Illustrator, photoshop, ADOBE Premiere and other content design solutions
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Oman and legal residents in Oman with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 16-05-2021