WASH officer (Hygiene)
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of WASH Specialist or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV WASH officer will work with a team of experts to addresses challenges in achieving WASH universal access through the following main components:
- Support the coordination of the PPP-HWWS through regular bi-weekly meetings involving the Steering Committee members, facilitate discussions among the group, produce and disseminate minutes of the meeting and follow-up on action points
- Maintain good working relationship with the government, private sector and development partners to understand their businesses and areas of work/responsibility; and explore opportunities for collaboration and partnership to drive HWWS initiatives that contributes to the overall national goal along with strengthening the agenda of all stakeholders involved.
- Draft/ Finalise annual workplan of the PPP-HWWS in discussion with the members
- Explore discussions with other potential private sector companies to involve them in the PPP-HWWS
- Maintain close coordination with the Ministry of Health (Kesling and Promkes directorates) including participating in meetings to ensure that the PPP-HWWS supports the overall implementation of the Pillar 2 (Handwashing)of STBM
- In close coordination with MOH, actively coordinate with the nine ministries who signed the Call to Action for HWWS last year to enable their active participation in the National Workshop for HWWS which will be led by MOH and supported by UNICEF. This includes collating all relevant data on HWWS in discussion with the various ministries, preparing the ministries for discussions at the National workshop, and supporting the overall coordination and management of the workshop
- Coordinate closely with the Consultant developing the Roadmap for HWWS/ODF to enable participation from the relevant stakeholders in the consultation meetings
- Work closely with Ministry of Health and other stakeholders to collect, analyse and disseminate HWWS data available from different monitoring systems such as STBM Smart, Dapodik (for schools), 3M monitoring (for public places) for informed decision-making in addition to contributing to needed assessment tools/surveys
- Provide coordination support among the government, private sector and development partners for rolling-out of the hygiene behaviour change training programme
- Ensure that the PPP-HWWS initiative compliments, is aligned with and contributes to other ongoing initiatives within UNICEF (e.g. WASH4WORK, WASH in Schools and health care facilities)
- Identify and draft best practices and learnings from implementation of PPP-HWWS at national/ sub-national level
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Marketing, Business development, development studies, environment sanitation or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance. Master or higher qualification is preferableRequired experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas will be preferred: Hygiene Promotion, multistakeholder partnership building, developing communication strategies, developing technical guidance notes, liasioning with the government on technical issues
- At least three years of professional work experience in international development or private sector and national government and some exposure to field work experience.
- Indonesian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong workshop facilitation and presentation skills and ability to work with all partners in order to act as an effective catalyst.
- Strong data analysis and IT skills; familiarity with online facilitation tools
- Excellent oral and written English and Bahasa is essential
- The individual should be pro-active with a strong motivation to engage the stakeholders, lead discussions, follow up on action points and achieve high quality results
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
! FOR National UN Volunteer assignments ONLY
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of (enter the Programme Country) and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 16-05-2021