Agri-Product Development and Project Coordination Consultant
Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
For more than four decades, FAO has been working with the Government of the Philippines, civil society, community-based organizations and the private sector to address challenges in the agriculture, fisheries and forestry sector. Joint efforts have included increasing sustainability in agricultural production, promoting value-adding practices, improving post-harvest management, enhancing productivity and increasing the resilience of agriculture-based livelihoods to natural disasters, climatic hazards and armed conflict.
The Agri-Product Development and Project Coordination Consultant will be under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in the Philippines, direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme), day to day guidance of the Socio Economic, Disaster Risk Reduction-Climate Change Adaptation, and Environment and Natural Resources Team Leader, and technical oversight of the Regional Office Lead Technical Officer.
FAO is implementing a Technical Cooperation Programme (TCP) on enhancing farm tourism development in the Philippines for inclusive rural development. This is through capacity building of public and private stakeholders to set up and implement sustainable farm tourism enterprises, which will help achieve agricultural diversification, sustainable agricultural production and inclusive agro business development. The project will also support the establishment of pilot sites on designing farm tourism sites and their related infrastructures, on establishing and operating social enterprises, and on developing farm tourism camp designs and activities.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Agri-Product Development and Project Coordination Consultant will contribute to the development of pilot farm tourism sites and capacity building of farm tourism stakeholders supported by FAO and will carry out the following main tasks:
- Coordinate and closely liaise with the Department of Tourism (DOT) and other relevant government agencies and farm tourism stakeholders during planning and implementation of project activities;
- Prepare training design and materials on product development for agri-tourism enterprises;
- Serve as resource person for regional trainings on product development for agri-tourism enterprises for farm tourism stakeholders;
- Provide inputs and facilitate workshops related to product development for agri-tourism enterprises in the pilot farm tourism sites;
- Prepare and submit progress reports for activities undertaken;
- Prepare and submit an end-of-assignment report in English according to FAO's guidelines; and
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the FAO Representative.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in the field of agriculture, agricultural technology, or related discipline;
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in product development for agri-based and/or agritourism-based enterprises, and project coordination;
- A national of the Philippines
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Familiarity with farm tourism sites in more than one region of the Philippines
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute complex processes across a wide range of stakeholders, advance ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team is of importance as is the ability to take leadership when appropriate
- General knowledge and skills in the use of standard office software, such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Language requirement: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Tagalog
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.